Who am I really?

Greetings.  I am embarking on the Zero to Hero: 30 days to a better blog challenge for the next month or so and have to write regularly, so I hope you all enjoy it. This will be an interesting challenge and one I am looking forward to (I think).  Today’s challenge is to introduce myself so apologies to those who already know these things about me.

I have been blogging for a little while now with random thoughts and a few well thought out pieces based on my family.  I have really enjoyed writing my stories where I have compared my life at the same age as my 3 daughters. I took the opportunity over Christmas to talk with my mother and we compared my life at age 53 to hers.  It has been really interesting to tell these stories and interlace my own story throughout.  I think they have all enjoyed the results.  Feel free to read through them and let me know your thoughts 🙂

So who am I? – I am Debbie, wife and mother of our three beautiful daughters who are all grown up and making their own way into the big wide world.  I am a wife; a mother; a daughter; a sister; a reader; a would-be-runner; a walker; a cyclist; a traveller; a Rotarian; a manager of Educational programs in a correctional centre.  l am currently into improving my health and fitness and feel fantastic as a result. I’m a bit quirky, am enthusiastic,  into social media, sharing things and looking for the positives. I love orange! I live in a small rural town in NSW Australia and love our easy lifestyle.

I enjoy blogging as it gives me an outlet for my random thoughts.  When I run or walk my mind is so free that all sorts of things pop into it that I feel I need to share.  I also keep a personal written journal of my daily events. I love writing and reading.

• I will probably write about running, my family and anything that seems interesting at the time.
  • I would like to reach out to other bloggers and connect with those with similar interests.

I look forward to reading some interesting pieces throughout this challenge.

So…. that’s ME!!

PS: I am very proud of myself for following the instructions and successfully adding the Zero to Hero widget to my blog. Well done me!!

One thought on “Who am I really?

1. January 6, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Thank you for sharing your stories. I have just started running, that is, recently completed a Walk2Run programme, and also ride my bike to work, events, and errands. I look forward to reading more about your experiences on the east coast.

• January 6, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated! I am enjoying the zerotohero challenge and learning a lot about blogging and the ‘community’. I have been doing a Learn to Run program and am aiming at running 5kms. I love riding my bike and my husband and I are very involved in getting a Rail Trail started in our area on the disused rail corridor. It amazes me that some people don’t like the idea! I also have another blog which is all about my challenge to improve my health and fitness. http://www.wonderwomandebz.wordpress.com if you want to have a look at that one too. I’ll follow you and see how you go with your running Good luck!

2. January 11, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Ha! Yes, well done you! It’s very nice to meet you and I’m looking forward to reading more of our blog. I love the idea of comparing your life to your Mom’s and your daughters’ at different ages – very cool. My Mom was 25 when I was born and I was 25 when my son was born, so our experience at that common age is linked in so many ways. Cheers!

• January 12, 2014 at 9:35 am

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated!

3. February 17, 2014 at 3:59 pm

I liked the part where you said, “So who am I?” I thought there were a lot of interesting things about you there. I had to read it twice (it is after midnight here.) I was curious to know more about the latter part – your work – and the quirky part. I guess quirky sounds interesting to me – lol 🙂

• February 17, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Thanks for your comment Julie. I use the word quirky as I really like the word, but I’m sure my daughters would say I’m ditzy or random, just a bit different at times. I am excitable and can get carried away at times and I suppose I’m interesting. I do get despondent and frustrated in my job so I like to get away from that world whenever I can – I escape so to speak!!

• February 18, 2014 at 2:01 am

🙂 it’s great to get to know you better! I’ve been working on the Zero to Hero project and I love reading other blogs (even more than I expected!) The about pages are a great way to get to know people. Happy Blogging!