Since I have been involved in the Zero to Hero 30 day challenge I have had a lovely time checking out lots of other blogs and learning loads from everything I read, as well as learning more about blogging in general.
I’m trying to keep up with the blogging challenges as well as my ‘real life’ but have taken some time tonight to announce that I have been nominated for 2 x Sunshine Awards and 2 x Liebster Awards in the past few days by some of my new blogging friends. I’ll deal with the Sunshine Awards first. Apologies in advance, this could be a long post.
Thanks to Fi’s mutterings and 20/20 Hines Sight for the Sunshine Awards and to Eliza and Sonya-Lira photography for the Liebster Awards – I really appreciate your comments and nominations. I enjoy reading your blogs and find that, as usual, everyone has a story to tell!! I will try to follow the directions and hopefully I can remember how to do things like link back to their blogs, as is required as part of the acceptance process. (I think this is secretly a part of the zero to hero challenge to ensure we don’t forget how to do things we’ve been learning about).
The Sunshine Awards are for those who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere and I am thrilled to know that I have managed to connect with people who think that I do this. Thanks to the others who have already compiled these rules and instructions on accepting a Sunshine award so that I didn’t have to reinvent the wheel.
So…..the rules for accepting the Sunshine Award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog ….tick…I think I did this above, hopefully the links work!
- List 11 facts about YOU! see below
- Nominate 10 other blogs to receive the award – not sure I have 10 but I’ll try
- Announce the nominations to the nominee – I will do this by sending them a comment
11 facts about me:
- I love the colour orange….think shoes, bags, clothes, even my car is orange (there’s a good story there I’ll tell one day!)
- I was married at 19 and one month of age and we are still happily married 34 years later.
- I was awarded a Bravery Award from the Queen when I was 17.
- I am doing a learning to run program at the moment and can now run for over 25 minutes non stop and when I started 11 weeks ago I could only run for 2.30 minutes – it’s not pretty but I’m doing it!
- I have 3 beautiful daughters who are all grown up now but thankfully they still need their mother at times.
- I have walked the Kokoda track in Papua New Guinea, it’s one of the hardest walks you can do. Google it!
- I hate being on edges and suspension bridges – think cliff tops, mountains, heights, makeshift bridges, swinging bridges – but managed to push myself to go trekking in the mountains in Nepal and Papua New Guinea.
- I love cycling and we enjoy riding on Rail Trails as they are reasonably flat, in lovely locations, bike friendly and have a sense of history around them.
- We lived in Cheddar (in Somerset UK) for a year as my husband did a Teacher Exchange for 12 months. It was one of the best things we’ve ever done. We swapped houses, cars and jobs with an English maths teacher so he & his family came to our little town in NSW Australia for the year and they loved it.
- I love to travel and do so as often as I can. I visited our daughter (who lives in England) for four weeks on my own last year…I’m so brave! I work full time so I am limited to when and how often I can get away but somehow I manage very well.
- I am a member of Rotary and enjoy serving the community both local and internationally. I love that we’ve hosted lots of exchange students and they become a member of our family. I then visit them all over the world and have instant friends and families everywhere.
My nominees for both awards are: I can’t manage 10 but here are 6 of the best apart from those who have already been nominated and who nominated me – see above. I won’t nominate them again as they’ve already answered multiple questions but they should know that I think they are great.
- Running from it all
- Silver Linings Project
- Lenz Experiments
- Mrs Holpepper
- Debbie’s daughter photography
For these awards I must:
- Link back the blogger that tagged me
- nominate ten others
- answer the questions of the one who tagged me.
- Ask ten questions for the bloggers I nominate.
- Let my nominees know of their award.
Here are Eliza’s 10 questions and my answers in orange:
- If it was Zombie Apocalypse times.. would you try to get to someone or a particular place? If so who, and where? – I would try to get to my husband as he would be able to save me.
- Share with us your favourite song at the moment.. not a question.. hold on.. ? – All of me by John Legend
- Do you have a secret hobby or collection you’re willing to share with the world.. tell us about it? – Nothing!
- Past or Present.. Which 3 people would you love to have a conversation with and where would you like to have it? Nelson Mendela, Henry VIII, Debbie Harry – anywhere would be fine.
- What is your go to movie/book? Love Actually
- What is the most valued thing in your life right now? My health and fitness
- If you were an animagus what animal would you turn into and why? A giraffe – I want to be tall!
- What is your most favourite place in the world… and how many times have you been there, if at all? I loved walking into the Annapurna Base camp and Sanctuary in Nepal, felt that I’d really achieved something.
- If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn and why? I would love to be able to draw trees – I especially love dead trees
- Tell us a random fact about you.. ? I underestimate myself all the time.
Here are Sonya’s 10 questions and my answers in orange:
- What is your favorite thing about blogging? Self expression and sharing
- Who is your favorite thing to do in your spare time? Read
- Who is your favorite male & female actor? Bill Nighy & Sandra Bullock
- If you could go anywhere where would it be and why? The Greek islands
- What is your favorite store? Kikki K – Swedish stationary
- What is your favorite thing to cook? – anything quick and easy
- What do you consider to be a challenge? learning to run at the moment and losing weight
- Do you have any animals if so what are they? Not at the moment but we’ve looking after my daughter’s cat for the past 10 years or so
- What year were your born? 1960
- What is the temperature where you live at? Today it got to 32 degrees Celsius – we’ve had a heat wave recently with 4 days in a row over 38 degrees Celsius
My 10 questions to my nominees are:
- What is your favourite colour?
- What would be your dream job?
- How did you spend last Christmas?
- What country do you live in?
- What can’t you live without?
- Do you like going to the dentist?
- Why do you blog?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- What is your favourite exercise or sport?
- Who is your best friend?
So that’s it for me for the moment. I have spent a fun few hours writing this post and hope others will also enjoy it. Thanks again for my awards and well done to those who I have nominated. Over and out!
You can also find Deb’s World here – let’s connect: