Who let the chooks out? Seeing double…

Penultimate day of Photography 101!

(I just love saying the word penultimate 😄).

Today’s word is Double with instructions to go outside and have some fun. I decided that my 2 pet chooks would be a good double. Here they are having a peck together.

Double chicken dinner?

Just in case you are wondering, they aren’t real chickens, they are made of tin and are purely decorative. We also have an owl, an emu, a lizard, a snake, a platypus and an echidna – all welcoming you as you come up our front steps onto the verandah, and all harmless thankfully!

The pets!

The welcoming committee!

Whatever will I do when Photography 101 is all over??? Don’t ask my husband this questions for goodness sake! I love getting a theme each day and looking for a photo to fit the theme or best of all going out for a wander to find a photo. I must admit that it has been quite hard some days but I’ve kept up, gained some new followers, shared some stories and photos, learnt some new things about taking photos and sparked my creativity along the way. The pressure has certainly been on at times!

I’ve seen some fantastic photos and discovered some amazingly talented photographers and their blogs. Thanks to everyone for comments and follows.

IMG_5838.JPG

One thought on “Who let the chooks out? Seeing double…

1. November 27, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Seeing double? No! Nothing:
    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)+ Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS
    Something wrong?

• November 27, 2014 at 9:44 pm

I’m not sure why that is! It seems to be working on my computer but on my mobile device it doesn’t seem to be showing up the chook images for some reason. I’ve edited the post to try and fix it but not sure if they are there or not when others have a look. Thanks for alerting me to this, hopefully it has been fixed up.

• November 27, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Now I see 2 pics. Not “Double chicken dinner?”

• November 28, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Something weird is happening! Thanks for feedback.

2. November 27, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Cute little chooks!!

• November 27, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Thanks, they are cute but the only problem is they don’t lay any eggs!

3. November 27, 2014 at 10:21 pm

No problem to see the images here; mobile and computer, ok. Beautiful composition, creative and warm colors. Loved it.
    I share the same feelings…maybe they will start photo201…Let’s ask!
    Nice meeting you here.

• November 27, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Thanks for the feedback and lovely comments, it’s much appreciated. I hope we can all keep in touch too, it’s been great fun.

• November 27, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Most welcome! 😉 i have followed the courses blogging 101 and 201, and am still in contact with bloggers friends; and we keep bumping into each other as many are also following this course and NaBloPoMo.

• November 27, 2014 at 10:32 pm

I did those as well and enjoyed learning new stuff! Is NaBloPoMo just an American thing?

• November 27, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Not really only American, although very American. There are bloggers from all over the world from photobloggers to writers. It’s a good way to practice posting daily and although they offer daily prompts, you can use yours too. They do it every month. The december blogroll is open on BlogHer, in case you want to give it a try.
            It’s like here, a community of bloggers interacting and learning from each other.

• November 28, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Thanks for that, I’ll check it out.

4. November 27, 2014 at 10:31 pm

those caught me off guard i thought they were real to begin with lol x

• November 27, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Lol! I did wonder if anyone would confuse them with the real thing. My job is done!

5. November 27, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Haven’t heard the word “cooks” for a while, lovely photo #missingaustralia 🙂

• November 28, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Thanks. Did you mean chooks instead of cooks? I forget that it’s a uniquely Aussie word sometimes. How long have you been away for – if you don’t mind me asking?

6. November 27, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Stunning images. Owl is super cute. I love them all. 🙂

• November 28, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Thanks for your comment. The owl IS very cute – probably my favourite if I’m honest!

7. November 28, 2014 at 4:17 am

Like this rustic sensation you caught in double.

• November 28, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Thanks indeed! They are pretty cute.