Playing Christmas Tag
As it’s getting closer to Christmas and a much needed break away with family, this will be my last post for a little while. I hope you all enjoy the Christmas break and have a safe and happy holiday time with loved ones. I’m looking forward to a week with lots of my family at the beach.
I read a great post on I follow Island’s blog, called Christmas Tag – it was found on Hugs x heart’s blog, which was found on Morgan’s blog …..anyway let’s just say it’s been around!! As it’s getting closer to Christmas, I decided to participate as well. Feel free to play along and let me know your responses to these questions – either in a new post or in a comment.
1. What is your favourite Christmas film?
Love Actually – I can watch it over and over again and still laugh and cry at all the same spots.
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Yes! Living in Australia means hot sunny Christmases for us but in 2007 we spent December in Europe. We were lucky enough to stay with friends and family in Finland, Copenhagen, Malmo and UK and spent the week over Christmas in Livigno in Italy, way up in the mountains. To be able to go snow skiing on Christmas Day was amazing and the best part of all was that we had our three grownup daughters with us for the week.
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
Either at home or at the beach and usually with family.
4. What is your favourite Christmas song?
I love Joy to the World – not sure that’s even a Christmas song?
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Never! Early Christmas Day is the time you open presents.
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
No – but I do know Rudolph
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
We always have a toast to absent friends at 11am on Christmas Day – this year will be quite emotional! See my recent post here.
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake – but it does look nice.
9. What is your all-time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?
Fruit mince pies – we used to make them with our great aunt and grandmother. They were the best!
10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
Giving gifts – it can be quite stressful trying to find something just right but when it’s well received it’s worth it!
11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
Anything I’m given is my favourite as it has been bought with love and a lot of thought.
12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Anywhere with my family. That’s what it’s all about.
13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I fail miserably. If I can get someone else to wrap I’m happy.
14. Most memorable Holiday moment?
Being in Italy with my family. The beauty of the snow clad mountains, the crystal clear sunny days, the ice sculptures, the icy snow, the minus 22 temperatures, the fun we all had, the skiing on Christmas Day with my Argentinian ski instructor, the decorations, the candles in all the windows, the hot chocolates after skiing, the language…..OK I’ll stop now!
15. What made you realise the truth about Santa?
Not sure I know the truth yet…I’ve always been told if you don’t believe you don’t get.
16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I do make them and try to stick to them, although I’m not always successful.
17. What makes the holidays special for you?
A rest from work, a chance to lie around, relax, read, blog, run when I want to, no time constraints (I take off my watch when I’m on holidays), catch up with friends – just a break from normal life!
18. What do you wish for Christmas this year?
Can I have three? That all my family travels safely, that we all have a good time together and that the world settles down. We’ve had far too much devastation lately.
19. Favourite Christmas smell?
Coconut oil – brings back beachy summer memories.
20. What is the worst/weirdest gift you’ve ever got?
Can’t remember anything that fits this category. I have been known to buy myself presents at Christmas but they are always awesome gifts!.
21.Favourite holiday drink?
Gin and tonic with lemon or mulled wine, depending on where I am.
22. Have you ever spent Christmas in another country? If yes, which one(s)?
Livigno in Italy in 2007 as per Q2 above. It was the most amazing time.
LA in 1992 on our way home from living in the UK for a year. It was the only way we could get our three little girls to leave England and all grit friends – yes we bribed them with Christmas at Disneyland. It was a great way to spend Christmas Day and I enjoyed it far more than I ever thought I would.
23. What place/landmark in your town do you love during Christmas?
We have a huge tree at the local hospital that is decorated with Christmas lights each year. It is on a high point in town and stands out nicely at night. The main street is also festooned with coloured lights and looks amazing.
24. Were you naughty or nice this year? You know that Santa is watching *smirks*
I have tried to be nice most of the year but did get a bit stroppy at times – hopefully that won’t be held against me too much.
25. Do you own/wear a Christmas themed jumper or t-shirt?
I bought a Christmas t-shirt in England one year just to wear on Christmas Day. I know it’s daggy but I absolutely love the festive jumper craze in the UK! We don’t have anything like that here although it’s growing in popularity.
Thanks for reading through my Christmas Tag! If you’d like to do your own make sure you link back to me so that I can read them.
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone.
Are you on Instagram? Check out Deb’s World here: Instagram for photo updates
You can also find Deb’s World here – let’s stay in touch!
Copyright © 2022 debs-world.com – All rights reserved