I am usually a bit wary about blogging awards but when it comes from a renowned blogger like Lucile at Bridging Lacunas, I was immediately thrilled and humbled in equal abounds! Thankyou for the nomination and encouragement.
In her post accepting the award, from two other similarly inspiring bloggers, Lucile has then nominated blogs that she has found inspiring and , surprisingly, I was one of these.
I, like Lucille, find it hard to accept these sorts of things but am only doing so in this case because of who it came from. I find Lucile to be an encouraging, supportive and all together lovely person and value her thoughts and comments most highly. She is Brazilian-Dutch and lives in Amsterdam. She is openly honest in her opinions and thoughts and is never afraid to voice her opinion. I always enjoy reading her thoughtful and insightful posts and I guarantee that you won’t be sorry if you pop over to her blog for a look!
There are a few rules in accepting this award.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog
2. Display the award on your post
3. List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do
4. State 7 things about yourself
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award
I’ve done numbers 1, 2 and 3 so I’m up to 4 – list 7 things about myself:
- I love crunching leaves and bark and will go out of my way to step on them to hear that satisfying crunch…doesn’t everyone do this?
- I am celebrating my 35th wedding anniversary this week (with my husband!) and honestly don’t know where the years have gone. I was a mere babe of 19 when I got married and simply can’t be that much older now…can I??
- My passions in life are my family and helping others to make the world a better place. I am a Rotarian and find this a great way to help local and international communities.
- I love the fact that I was born on the 12th day of the 12th month – I feel very special!
- I work in a correctional centre (for adult males) as the manager of educational programs. Never a dull moment!
- I want to return to Croatia. We recently travelled there and had a great time sailing and cycling around the islands of Southern Dalmatia. It’s a lovely country and well worth a visit. I also love travelling and do so whenever I can. I love adventures!
- I find this sort of thing really hard to do! Go to my Its’ all about me page on my blog for more info.
Now I am supposed to nominate 15 other blogs that I in turn, find inspiring. I think most of my favourites have been nominated so I will just mention my top three that are very close to my heart which you might like to check out. (If nominated and you don’t want to accept the nomination you don’t have, I won’t be offended).
1. Debbie’s Daughter Photography, travel and other musings
2. Musings from the cold – very clever with words and photography. She makes me think but also has a fun side.
3. Timothy Moss – very clever and always interesting.
So that’s a wrap for this year’s award ceremony. Please keep in touch and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Celebratory drinks are on me 🙂