Changing seasons project 01

A sunny, summer’s afternoon in the back paddock.  I try to go for a walk or a run every day in the forest near my house and these views are part of my route. I took these photos today with my iPhone and haven’t edited them at all.

The idea of this project is to take a few photos of an area once a month, so that by the end of the year I will have a portfolio of the changing seasons.  I have chosen to photograph my back paddock.  I’m embarrassed to admit that I sometimes take for granted my beautiful area, so this way I will have to take more notice and I will get to document the changes I see as I run/walk.  See here for more details from Cardinal’s post – thanks to him for creating this challenge.

I’m looking forward to seeing the changes and honing my eye to capture some of them throughout the year.

One thought on “Changing seasons project 01

1. January 15, 2015 at 9:53 pm

Wonderful photos abd weather! Looking forward to following the changes throughout the year.

• January 15, 2015 at 10:44 pm

Thanks Lucile, your encouragement is always welcome. I love having different seasons here but am very happy that it’s summer at the moment. 😊

2. January 15, 2015 at 10:26 pm

Those clouds are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your little piece of paradise. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens over the year too! 🙂

• January 15, 2015 at 10:42 pm

You’re welcome! I am very lucky to live where I do 😊 I look forward to sharing the four very distinct seasons we get here – sometimes all in one day!!

3. January 15, 2015 at 11:07 pm

Excellent shots and the clouds look nice. Thanks for participating!

• January 16, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Thanks, I’m glad you did your homework too! Wombats are study little animals and have a habit of digging in inappropriate places, like under our house. We had a set of interconnecting apartments with a family living and digging away under the house for a while!! Thanks for commenting as I just assumed everyone would know what they were, but now I know differently.

4. January 15, 2015 at 11:42 pm

Beautiful photos

• January 16, 2015 at 5:25 pm

So glad you could stop by and enjoy them.

5. January 16, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Lovely! I feel like I could reach out and touch those clouds!

• January 16, 2015 at 5:24 pm

Thanks for stopping by and joining me on my walk!! The clouds look so fluffy and white don’t they, especially against the blue of the sky. hopefully you enjoyed the brisk afternoon walk 😊

6. January 17, 2015 at 1:25 am

What a lovely paddock your horse must have a field day in there, sorry i couldnt resist the pun. What is the hole? Great pics, I am doing the challenge also x

• January 17, 2015 at 8:17 am

We don’t have a horse, just some visiting sheep! Nice pun by the way 😊 The hole is a wombat’s home. A wombat is unique to Australia and nocturnal. They dig a hole and crawl in head first. Their rump is built like a tank to repel intruders – they are kinda cute but can also be a nuisance. You don’t want to run over one in your car as they can do a lot of damage!

• January 19, 2015 at 9:00 am

oh i would love to see a wombat in real, that would be amazing. You made melaugh about their rump lol

7. January 19, 2015 at 5:49 am

Great gallery with some outstanding images, Debbie! I’m glad I found you through the challenge; I’m your new follower. 🙂
    Best regards, Dina

• January 19, 2015 at 6:52 am

Thanks Dina. I see we share the same blog title, great minds think alike! Nice to have you on board 😊