Travel theme – fantastic

‘No pressure’  I say to myself – this is only my 200th post!!

It had just better be pretty bl%@#y fantastic! I mutter back at myself.

So what better time to participate in the Travel theme  – a  weekly themed blog challenge hosted by Ailsa’s travel blog at Where’s my Backpack.  As this week’s theme is Fantastic, I decided for my 200th post to travel through time and re-live some of my fantastically epic trips. Forgive me for being introspective on this my 200th post!

I started my blogging experience a few years ago with the aim of recording my travel blogs and then progressed to blogging here with WordPress as I found I enjoyed the opportunity to be creative and share my stories and amateur photographs on all sorts of topics, not just travel. It has turned into being a very supportive and encouraging place to blog with lovely like-minded people.

In relation to fantastic I don’t really know where to start so I will start at the end and work backwards

Cycling & sailing in Croatia was pretty darn fantastic, travelling on my own in Europe for 4 weeks was fantastic (mainly because I managed to do it without crashing & burning!), cycling & sailing from Paris to Bruges with my husband and my parents was way fantastic and fun, visiting India on a Rotary Friendship Exchange trip was fantastic, walking the Annapurna Sanctuary in Nepal was very fantastic, trekking over the Kokoda track was fantastic (but not always fun),  spending Christmas skiing in Italy with my family was very fantastic as well as great fun as we also got to visit friends in Finland, Denmark, England and Scotland on the same trip.  These are just my overseas trips from the past few years with many more fantastic adventures in my home country. (I realise I am very fortunate to have had all these experiences and believe me I don’t take them for granted).

Hope you like my gallery of some of my photos from some of my fantastic trips:

It’s also amazing that the WordPress theme I use is called Traveler – suits me just fine! Let me know if you’ve visited any of these fabulous places too…or have them on your to-do list.

Thanks for humouring me on this special day.

One thought on “Travel theme – fantastic

1. March 15, 2015 at 5:33 pm

Nice variety of photos.

• March 15, 2015 at 5:38 pm

Thank you! I love seeing my travels again through photos.

2. March 15, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Congratulations! And what a fantastic journey you’ve taken us on. Beautiful photos. I love ‘Roman Ingenuity’ and your amazing sari.

• March 15, 2015 at 9:45 pm

Many thanks. I had a different sari every day I was there and was dressed by my host and her daughters plus grandma. they loved seeing me in them as much as I loved wearing them. I had a great time compiling my response to the fantastic theme, gave me a great excuse to see all my favourite pics again. 😊

• March 15, 2015 at 9:46 pm

You can tell that you enjoyed it with the way you write!

• March 15, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Haha, a bit like how my face always gives my thoughts away. I’m an open book it seems.

3. March 16, 2015 at 1:48 am

Thank you so much for this trip around the world through your lens.
    Fantastic is not nearly enough to describe how much I appreciated your 200th post; how much I appreciate your blog and how much I appreciate to have met you in the blogosphere.

• March 16, 2015 at 7:06 am

My pleasure, so glad you enjoyed the little trip! Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate all your encouragement and friendship too. ❤️

4. March 17, 2015 at 4:10 am

What a glorious, cheerful gallery of vibrant shots from around the world! 🙂 Lovely work!

• March 17, 2015 at 7:04 am

Thanks Dina. It was fun to put it all together. Glad you enjoyed it too. Really appreciate your lovely comment. 😊

5. March 18, 2015 at 8:48 am

Well I would say that sums up fantastic very nicely! Amazing trips and what a gallery of photos you have to show for it!

• March 18, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Yes Sue, I’m pretty happy with my fantastic adventures…so far! Many more to come I say 😊