Swans afloat

Afloat, to me at least, means water of some sort. Today while I was out running around the lake, I saw this beautiful sight. Two swans serenely afloat on the lake, in the crisp morning light. I had to stop and take a photo!

They look so calm and serene don’t they?

Good morning

Good morning

I liken myself to a swan in as much as I might look quite calm and serene on the surface but underneath I’m paddling vigorously just to stay afloat.

This is my interpretation of afloat for this week’s photo challenge but there are many other ways that afloat can be interpreted.

One thought on “Swans afloat

1. April 12, 2015 at 9:12 pm

What a gorgeous scene Deb!

• April 12, 2015 at 9:33 pm

Thanks for the comment Desleyjane. I was in Canberra this morning on my way home and did a run around Lake Ginninderra (as you do!) and it was so lovely I just had to take this pic.

• April 12, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Oh cool! I was in Canberra on Thursday!

• April 12, 2015 at 9:37 pm

It’s a small world! I like Canberra a lot. I had a lovely time up in sunny Redcliffe (thanks for organising the rain to stop) and now home via Canberra. But cooler down this way than up north but not as bad as I was expecting!

• April 12, 2015 at 9:38 pm

Such beautiful air in Canberra, crisp and lovely.
            My pleasure on the rain front (pun intended). 😄

2. April 13, 2015 at 9:46 am

Love the soft colors in this! And the fact you were running! 🙂

• April 13, 2015 at 8:58 pm

Thanks Dawn, I think the softer colours are due to the autumn morning light. It was a beautiful day to be out.

3. April 16, 2015 at 9:17 pm

Love your photo for this week’s challenge. So serene, and but you’re right. They’re little waddle feet are probably working at full speed to keep them afloat! Always good to look calm on the outside and people might find you more friendly and stop you for a chat 😀

• April 16, 2015 at 9:47 pm

Thanks for your lovely comment. I think their calmness is beautiful and the setting of this photo fitted it nicely. I appreciate your comment 😊