Tea time #9

It’s Tea Time again! I have recently visited my parents and the spare room has a delightful little book all about Tea Time on the bedside table.  I took the opportunity to take note of some of the quotes in the book and offer them for your consumption at Justine’s Tea Party.

Tea Time

Tea Time

There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea. Henry James (1843-1916)

Tea makes you feel wiser, braver and more optimistic after drinking it. George Orwell from ‘A Nice Cup of Tea’

This is my favourite especially considering who and when it was written:

The Rewards of Tea

Tea tempers the spirits and harmonizes the mind, dispels lassitude and relieves fatigue, wakens thought and prevents drowsiness, lightens or refreshes the body, and clears the perceptive faculties. Confucius (551-479BC)

I had many cups of tea with my parents during our week together!  It was a lovely time.

I’ll leave you with one of my favourite views from the town where I was born.  This imposing mountain is an amazing site and whenever I’m there it’s a daily ritual to check out what Mt Warning or Wollumbin is doing, whether it’s peeping out from the clouds or standing proudly in the clear blue sky. It always makes me think of my late grandmother who taught us to look at it, and appreciate it, each and every day. We also enjoyed many a cup of tea with Nan so it’s very fitting to feature it in this post!

A favourite place

A favourite place

One thought on “Tea time #9

1. April 18, 2015 at 4:04 pm

What a lovely warm hearted post. I’m using my phone at present so it won’t show me the photo which is very annoying but I love the quotes esp the last one like you say. Tea and tea time is such a great invention lol.

A fab find on the book I might have to get you to take a photo of it next time. Is it a hardback oldish style book? Or more modern? Thank you for coming to tea and I shall pop back to see the photo when I am at my computer xx

• April 18, 2015 at 11:08 pm

The book is the picture that I included, hopefully it will show up for you. It’s just a little square coffee table sort of thing, full of quotes but I thought of the tea time posts the minute I saw it!

2. April 19, 2015 at 4:00 pm

Oh, I love tea times with family. Great quote and beautiful photo 🙂

• April 19, 2015 at 4:55 pm

Thanks Sonia. It’s always nice to stop for a cup of tea. My daughters think that’s all I do all day, drink tea and blog!! Love your travel posts, you are seeing some great places.

3. April 20, 2015 at 3:20 am

oh no i see the book, it didnt show on my phone, lovely thank you 🙂 x

4. April 22, 2015 at 8:56 pm

Hi Debbie! Lovely post and quotes.
    What a beautiful view! Your birthplace reminded me of mine, I would see a similar hill from my house.
    Great that you enjoyed a heartwarming time with your family!
    Cheers!

• April 22, 2015 at 9:04 pm

Lovely to hear from you Lucile! I think the many cups of tea helped make the week extra special. Thanks 🙂