Weekly Photo Challenge: A selfie in motion

Here I am taking a selfie while in motion on my bike! I love riding my bike and I love shadow shots so this photo says it all!

Cycling fun

Cycling fun

I have also been called a humming bird on speed….read into that what you will in relation to motion. This photo is in response to this week’s photo challenge of Motion.

This week, share your photographs that have captured motion, and tell us the stories behind the images.

It’s probably not quite an ‘action’ shot but it is me in motion. By the way, it is much harder to take a selfie whilst in motion than you think! Deb 🙂

One thought on “Weekly Photo Challenge: A selfie in motion

1. April 25, 2015 at 9:14 am

I LOVE THIS!

• April 25, 2015 at 9:42 am

Thanks! It isn’t quite a motion shot but I’m still happy with my take on it.

• April 25, 2015 at 11:33 am

I didn’t even think about it not actually having “motion”. It suggests motion. As if you were out riding and you stopped for a moment to look at something and in a second you will continue on your ride. I like it not only because it’s different, but it tells a story. I’m all about images that tell a story.

• April 25, 2015 at 4:41 pm

I agree with , I like the stories behind photos too. I love trying to find a quirky take on the challenges which shows my personality a bit. I actually did take this while riding, so am pleased that it worked out so well. Thanks again for your lovely comments.

2. April 25, 2015 at 9:26 am

Apparently, you are way, way more coordinated than I am. : )

• April 25, 2015 at 9:41 am

Ha! Thanks for that. I’m surprised I managed it too.

3. April 25, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Nice selfie, Debbie. 😀

• April 25, 2015 at 5:43 pm

Thanks! It’s a bit different isn’t it?

4. April 26, 2015 at 2:34 am

I like it. I particularly like that the bike is purple and you are gold..nice contrast. And I disagree that it doesn’t say motion…we all use our imaginations as to where you’re going on the bike.

• April 26, 2015 at 7:11 am

Thanks Dawn. That’s something I didn’t think of – where am I going on the bike? I too loved the contrast of the colours and the size of the bike in relation to me. Glad you like it too.

5. April 26, 2015 at 3:27 am

That had to have taken some serious balance. 🙂

janet

• April 26, 2015 at 7:09 am

Haha! I did it without falling off so I was happy! Appreciate your visit Janet 😊

6. April 26, 2015 at 8:45 am

If you’re shooting from your bike I hope you’re wearing a helmet LOL. Cool capture.

• April 26, 2015 at 8:55 am

Yes Tina, I always wear a helmet! It was a great opportunity for a ‘different’ sort of ‘pic, I really just liked the look of the bike’s shadow on the road!! Thanks for the comment & visit.

7. April 26, 2015 at 8:59 am

I think it’s a very creative entry for the challenge. Great job! 🙂

• April 26, 2015 at 9:03 am

Thanks so much for that! I did wonder if it was suitable but have had some great comments so feel better about it now. I really like the photo too which always helps 😊

8. April 28, 2015 at 5:18 pm

I do like this. I do exactly the same thing. I love the distortion and the movement.

• April 28, 2015 at 6:11 pm

Glad you liked it! It was a bit of a long shot but at least it’s a bit different. I love the distortion too. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

• April 28, 2015 at 6:14 pm

Experimentation is good. For me I also like the fact that I don’t literally appear in the photo. I hate having my photo taken!

• April 28, 2015 at 6:20 pm

Good point! I don’t like my photo taken when I’m not ready for it. Otherwise I’m fine. I even have a smile named after me (by my daughters) the Debbie Smile. So when anyone is having their photo taken it’s not ‘say cheese’ it’s ‘Debbie smile’!

• April 28, 2015 at 6:23 pm

I’d rather be snapped without knowing. It’s having to ‘make a face’ that feels so unnatural to me.
            Funny how we’re all different.
            I’m sure your smile brings many more in response.