It’s the simple things in life….

I have been feeling a bit poorly for the past few days – just a bit ‘off’. I’m sure I’m not alone in having ‘off’ moments.  I haven’t felt like blogging, or running or doing much of anything to be honest, which is most unlike me.

I am happy to say that I am feeling much better now and while I was ‘off’ I took the opportunity to just read  – books, other people’s blogs, newspapers. I made lots of comments on blogs where I thought it was warranted and liked many more posts than I usually do. There are some great bloggers out there who are full of creativity, flair, honesty and randomness.  I really enjoyed the time I spent connecting with others. It’s a lovely blogosphere out there.

During this time we had a lovely weekend at the beach with family and friends and the weather was very grey until the day we left, when the sun shone in all its glory.  It didn’t matter that the skies were grey and threatening as we enjoyed  lazing about reading, chatting, playing board games and celebrating the opportunity we’d been given to connect with each other.

I particularly loved hearing the sound of the ocean pounding the sandy shore just outside our rented beach house.  So much so that I took a video of it which I have included here for you. When you live in the mountains, like I do, it’s these simple things that I sometimes enjoy the most.

Family, friends, enjoying simple pleasures and having fun are what it’s all about to me – I’ll get back into my blogging and my running and my fitness quest but for the moment I’m taking stock and trying to enjoy the simple things in life – which includes a slower pace for the moment.

At the beach

At the beach

Grey skies

Grey skies

Soothing sounds of the surf

Soothing sounds of the surf

One thought on “It’s the simple things in life….

1. May 6, 2015 at 6:49 pm

Beautiful!

2. SMP
    May 6, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Hope you are now feeling better after your lovely weekend away with the family

• May 6, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Yes thanks, much better now. It was lovely to spend time together and to just relax.

3. May 6, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Hi Debbie. Whatever brought you out of the normal or fast lane, as you very well acknowledged, gave you also stillness and space to appreciate other moments that are also so precious.
    These inner dives are so needed sometimes to recalibrate and regain energy, isn’t it?
    I am happy to have you back and grateful for your post and reminder of the simple and valuable things in life.
    The video is wonderful. Thanks.
    Lucile

• May 6, 2015 at 7:56 pm

You are so sweet Lucile! Thanks for your lovely comment. I’m fine, just needed some time out to be quiet and still as you so rightly suggested. Glad the video worked out too, it was the most lovely sound. x

• May 6, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Nothing to thank me for, Debbie. You’re the one sharing great reflections that help us all.
        Warm wishes.
        Xx

4. May 6, 2015 at 7:44 pm

You okay Deb?

• May 6, 2015 at 7:53 pm

All good thanks….but I don’t think my time in this Sunday’s Mothers Day Classic will set the world on fire!!

5. May 6, 2015 at 11:19 pm

Love your post for both your thoughts and the magnificent shot!

• May 7, 2015 at 7:07 am

Thanks for that! It’s all very grey but quite peaceful too I think.

6. May 7, 2015 at 6:00 am

Welcome back Deb, am glad you’re feeling better. I understand those off moments, but sometimes it’s good to be with yourself and take stock. Beautiful photos, what a lovely place.

7. May 8, 2015 at 1:50 am

Good for you. Lovely post!