True story – broken!

There's a story here!

There’s a story here!

True story!

This Easter Egg had been sitting in my bookshelf since Easter 2014 (!).  Yes I know I’m weird!

Yesterday my husband made me a cup of tea and just happened to toss the egg at me, jokingly saying that I was ungrateful as he had brought me this egg last year and I hadn’t eaten it yet.  He didn’t even buy me one this Easter!

At exactly the same time that I was opening up the Daily Post on my phone, to check the theme for this week’s photo challenge, I cracked open the egg (thinking I’d better check it out in case it may have been too old to eat).

As I saw the word Broken for the photo challenge, I saw the hole I’d broken in my Easter Egg!

How fortuitous! I clapped my hands and laughed!

I just had to take a photo of the broken egg and submit it for my second entry for this week’s Daily Post. My first entry, (Morning has) broken – was much more beautiful and not quite so literal. Please go and have a look…

I can admit to eating the chocolate throughout the day….it was pretty yummy too 🙂

One thought on “True story – broken!

1. May 24, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Love it! We often have Easter eggs left over. Dad and I have one with red wine at Christmas just for fun 😜

• May 24, 2015 at 8:38 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one then! Thanks for making me feel normal 😊

2. May 24, 2015 at 9:17 pm

That is remarkable self-control to be looking at chocolate for over a year without eating it!

• May 24, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Yes I agree it did takers lot of self control but let me tell you that once I started on it, it didn’t last too long. 😊

3. May 24, 2015 at 9:41 pm

If you were a librarian it would have been filed under existentialism!

4. May 25, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Great timing…photo then treat! Love it when things work out so nicely. Lol

Thank you for following my blog. I am happy to have you as an important part of my blogging community. Welcome!

• May 25, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Thanks Dee, it’s my pleasure to follow your blog. I look forward to it!!

5. May 26, 2015 at 10:34 am