My blogging friend Lucile has nominated me to join the Free Style Writing Challenge – something I haven’t done before!
It’s a timed writing challenge with a topic given by Lucile with instructions not to edit, correct or change your writing once you’ve started. Just write for 5 or 10 minutes on the set topic. Lucile set the topic of Dreaming and here’s my writing complete with typos and errors – this was the hardest thing for me, not being able to correct what I’ve written. I hate spelling errors!! Anyway I wrote what ever came into my mind for 5 minutes straight as per the rules. It was harder than I thought!
Sleep, rest, dreamtime,
Going to bed tired and sleeping and dreaming
Scary dreams, real dreams, what do they mean?
I often don’t remember m dreams of a morning but whehn I do it’s usually because it’s made an impact on me for some reason.
My dreams for the furture include happiness for my daughters, a good long life with plenty of love and laughs.
I dream of a time when we are gentler with each other and repsect each other more, rather than idolising celebrities the way we seem to be doing these days.
Day dreaming is a geat way to while away the hours and as I run I tend to daydream, thinking about things and letting my mind wander where it wil. I love running for this ablity to clear my mind ad just daydream away.
Dreaming of the future is fun but I don’t want to dream my life away before I get to live it!
Word count: 160
I’m not that impressed with my first attempt but at least I had a go!!
The Free Style Writing Challenge Rules:
1. Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
2. Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
3. Fill the word doc with as many words as you want. Once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
4. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
5. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However, if you do, it would be best.
6. At the end of your post write down ‘Word count =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
7. Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
I don’t want to nominate anyone in particular but will leave it open for anyone who feels like taking on a challenge. Feel free to link back to my post if you decide to take on the challenge. It’s a good exercise to do!
Theme: One of my favourite things….