I have jumped right in (when I’m supposed to be doing something else entirely) and have come up with my own version of this book cover as per the directions below. It was actually quite fun and didn’t take me too long at all.
I used a photo from our recent trip cycling in Croatia where we’d ridden up this huge hill and were looking at the downhill section. It was actually quite a scary sight! I used this photo as it seemed to me to have the whole ‘long way home’ thing happening as per the title of this week’s book cover challenge. (It would be a very long ride home from Croatia to Australia).
Here are the details of the new Photo Rehab Weekly Photo Challenge copied from their post:
What’s the theme? To make a cover for the book, CD or movie that we will share with you every Thursday.
How does it work? Here is the Drama Queens’ prescription:
- Every Thursday we will give you the name of a book or movie, etc. and share with you our take on a new cover.
- You will prepare you own cover by using your archive photos or shooting a new one to go with the theme.
- Prepare your post and publish it. Remember to Ping Back (hyperlink) to Lucile’s page. You may also copy your link to the comments section of the post.
- Use the tag #PhotoRehabCoverMakeover, so that we can find your post in the WP reader.
Add your photo to the link provided below. In this way, you expose your photo to the other participants and the audience of the Photo Rehab.
- If you wish, you can add to your post the badge we made for the challenge (below).
- We will make a weekly wrap up of all the ingenious cover makeovers photos!
Considering that this idea came from two drama queens, isn’t this a cool challenge?!
This week’s theme is: “THE LONG WAY HOME”. A book from Louise Penny.
I look forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with for this new challenge. Thanks to the Drama Queens for their inspiration!