Half heaven, half earth

This week’s photo challenge asks us for a photo of two halves.

This week, share an image that has two clear halves, literally or  figuratively.

Recently I was out in the Australian outback and I was blown away by the vastness of the landscape and the sky. This photo is indicative of the openness of the area with the rock (Uluru) in the middle as just a small hump.

The sky was huge, the land was flat and looked like it went on for ever – needless to say I felt somewhat insignificant!!

I like the way that the sun coming up splits the photo in half with the line of the horizon a flat line across the middle of the photo. It’s also half heaven and half earth (thanks to my esteemed mother-in-law for this lovely comment!)

One of the many beautiful sunrises over Uluru

One of the many beautiful sunrises over Uluru

I know I have used this photo in a recent post but it’s my absolute favourite from my time away and I couldn’t resist using it again for this challenge.

I’m also posting this in Photo 101 Rehab.

One thought on “Half heaven, half earth

1. July 18, 2015 at 3:29 pm

I don’t blame you Deb, it’s a gorgeous shot. Heaven and Earth indeed!

• July 18, 2015 at 3:30 pm

Thanks for understanding! It just suited the theme so well too.

• July 18, 2015 at 4:07 pm

Thanks to my mother in law for the title too. We are visiting and she’s very interested in my blogging so I was very happy to have her insight.

2. July 18, 2015 at 3:36 pm

This is such a great photo! Beautiful. I’m heading to Uluru in a few days time, nice to see I have a sunrise like this to look forward to! 🙂

• July 18, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Oh lucky you!! It’s an amazing place and I’m sure you will get some great photos. It’s hard to not take a good photo out there with all the gorgeous colours and hugeness all around. Have fun 😊

3. July 18, 2015 at 8:20 pm

This photo fits the challenge very well, Deb! Half and Half indeed!

• July 18, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Thanks Tom. I do love it for that very reason, even though I’ve already used it on a different post.

4. July 18, 2015 at 11:21 pm

What a lovely photo!

5. July 20, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Beautifully composed, Debbie.

janet

• July 20, 2015 at 5:12 pm

Thanks Janet! It really was a very special place and my photo is a good representation of our wide brown sunburnt land 😊 I love it, but then I’m a bit biased aren’t I?