Photo Rehab Weekly Photo Challenge: Cover Makeover #6

This week’s Photo Rehab Cover Makeover, (a fun challenge from my blogging friends Lucile and Desleyjane) is a book called The House We Grew Up In, by Lisa Jewell.

I haven’t read this book but we’ve been given this info and it sounds quite delightful:  Told in gorgeous, insightful prose that delves deeply into the hearts and minds of its characters, The House We Grew Up In is the captivating story of one family’s desire to restore long-forgotten peace and to unearth the many secrets hidden within the nooks and crannies of home.

I chose this photo, looking out from inside my glass house on a rainy day, as it has a ‘house’ feel with the doors and pitched roof. I like the black and white image with the rain drops which gives it a bit of atmosphere.  It just appeals to me for this challenge for some reason.  What do you think?

House

In this challenge we are given the name of a book, movie or album every Thursday and shown the original cover.  We are then invited to share our take by making a new cover, using either an archive photo or shooting a new one to go with the theme. It’s great fun!

As always, I look forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with for this week’s challenge.

badge3

One thought on “Photo Rehab Weekly Photo Challenge: Cover Makeover #6

1. August 6, 2015 at 9:04 pm

What a lovely glasshouse you have! It’s beautiful. And combined with the fonts makes for a fun and enticing cover. Excellent Deb 🙂

• August 6, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Thank you for being so kind! I love my glasshouse but at the moment it’s a tad cool out there. It seemed appropriate for your challenge. Thanks to you and Lucile for the opportunity to join in.

• August 6, 2015 at 9:10 pm

I can imagine it must be cold out there right now!! We are loving this challenge 🙂

• August 6, 2015 at 9:12 pm

You should be thrilled with the response too. It’s great seeing what everyone comes up with and all so different.

• August 6, 2015 at 9:13 pm

Yeah that’s right! We’ve found some very creative people, it’s fab!

2. August 6, 2015 at 9:55 pm

Great job, Deb, wonderful photo!

• August 6, 2015 at 9:59 pm

Thanks Barbara, i appreciate your comment as always!