Sally D’s Mobile Photography Challenge: Black and White

Turning Torso

I have used this photo before (ages ago) but I really love the way the sky behind the Turning Torso (in Malmo Sweden) is made to look so much more dramatic in monochrome. The tower seems to stretch forever upwards! In colour it was just another photo of the Turning Torso.  I called this ‘Monochrome Malevolence’.

Sally D’s Mobile Photography Challenge this week is all about black and white photographs.  I used my iPhone 5 for this photo and used the editing tools to get this look just the way I like it.

I’d love to hear what you think of it.

One thought on “Sally D’s Mobile Photography Challenge: Black and White

1. August 18, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Wow! I really love this shot.

2. August 18, 2015 at 11:40 pm

The juxtaposition of the architectural design against the sky is drama personified. The textures are forces unto themselves. Happy Photo Challenge.

3. August 19, 2015 at 1:39 am

It’s an incredibly dramatic photo, Debbie. The perspective makes it looks like the building is a spaceship.
    Fantastic shot.

• August 19, 2015 at 5:12 pm

I know! I always think it could be out of a Dr Who episode. I love the dramatic nature of it too. Not like me to be dramatic!!

• August 19, 2015 at 5:19 pm

Haha that’s funny. I think that perhaps Desley and I, should take responsibility for our ‘drama’ subliminal influence on you!

4. August 19, 2015 at 7:27 am

So pretty. Love it.

5. August 19, 2015 at 9:35 am

Wow that’s amazing. Twisting building and stormy skies – fantastic monochromatic malevolence.

• August 19, 2015 at 5:15 pm

I think it is a classic malevolent look and the great architecture sets it off nicely. Ta muchly!!

6. August 20, 2015 at 2:13 am

Amazing photo – I can’t stop looking at it 🙂 Black and White certainly works well and adds to the drama. Great job.

• August 20, 2015 at 6:57 am

Thanks so much! It’s an amazing building in its own right but I think that the black and white edit certainly lifts it to another level. I’m really pleased with it 😊.

7. August 20, 2015 at 7:13 am

What an amazing building, Debbie, but you took it to a whole different level! Great job and, yes, dramatic in B&W.

janet

• August 20, 2015 at 7:32 am

Thanks Janet. I appreciate your comment! It was never going to be a black and white photo but one day I was just experimenting and it really appealed to me this way.

8. August 27, 2015 at 11:15 pm

I love the architecture against that dark sky. Nice capture.

• August 28, 2015 at 6:17 am

Thanks. It was actually a blue sky day but became a dark and dramatic day.