Sally D’s Mobile Photography Challenge: Challenger’s Choice – Travel

image

Sally D’s Mobile Photography Challenge this week is the challenger’s choice and I’ve chosen Travel.

4th Monday – Challenger’s Choice (Pick One: Abstraction, Animals, Architecture, Food Photography, Night Photography, Objects, Panorama, Portraiture, Still Life, Street Photography, and Travel).

I used my iPhone 5 for all my photos while we were travelling in Croatia last year. It was an epic trip of cycling, sailing and exploring.  This particular day was hard work and as I’d only recently had my appendix out and I wasn’t quite as strong as I would have liked.  My husband decided that a warm-up ride would be good before we joined our cycling tour the next day.  We had a nice ride until we hit this gravel track and I just couldn’t ride or push my bike any further, so my husband took both bikes and walked them both up the hill!  The brilliant blue sky, the heat, the gravel under my feet and my sore muscles – it all comes rushing back just by looking at this one photo.

It’s not the photo that I love so much as the memory that it evokes when I see it.  Do you find this about photos too?

I’d love to hear what you think.

One thought on “Sally D’s Mobile Photography Challenge: Challenger’s Choice – Travel

1. August 25, 2015 at 10:23 pm

Exactly, a photograph can be so many layers of the human condition. Notably are special moments that can be recalled with precision with an image. Your capture is one of those moments. Happy Photo Challenge.

• August 25, 2015 at 10:25 pm

Thanks for your comment! It is exactly that way with me. It’s coming up to a year ago so I’m enjoying reliving my trip.

2. August 26, 2015 at 12:21 am

What a lovely husband pushing both bikes. Yes! I think we have attachments to certain photos due to the experiences we had when they were taken. Ahhhh memories… 💕

3. August 26, 2015 at 2:43 am

Photos are wonderful for sealing a memory!

4. August 26, 2015 at 10:07 pm

Oh no, must’ve been a very tough hill!

• August 27, 2015 at 7:00 am