Every day is an adventure – 98/365

It’s all the little moments that make life a very big adventure!

Winner

This photo was taken over the weekend and  shows Lynda, the winner of Tumba’s Fun 5 – a 5km fun run which was held in conjunction with the Tumbarumba Gym & Fitness centre’s Health Expo.  It’s also a photo of my massage therapist who kindly offered to hep me run the event  instead of walking and running as I have in previous years. (I wrote this post at the time – Feeling inspired

Unfortunately I injured my calf a few weeks ago so was unable to run.  Luckily I was able to walk the event which was a loop down the hill into town, around the sports ground and then back up the hill.  Lynda passed me on her way back up the hill as  I was going down, maybe 2kms in, and she was already heading back to the finish line. I cheered her as she went past me, thinking that I really would have slowed her down had she been running with me as planned.  I mentioned this in my post yesterday.

As the photo says – ‘Awesome’ effort Lynda!

The fun run was also to raise awareness and funds for the A21 campaign and our shirts this year were purple.  This time last year we ran in yellow, it’s a great sight to see hundreds of runners, walkers, dog walkers, pram pushers and people of all ages come together.

uphill

You can click here for all my Every day photo project photos in one place.

I’d love to hear from you.  I hope you are also having some adventures – taking note of the small daily things that can help us to slow down and which in turn makes our lives so interesting.

One thought on “Every day is an adventure – 98/365

1. September 13, 2015 at 10:47 pm

Really awesome what you are doing for this charity and you even did your best to walk it, great job!

• September 14, 2015 at 6:55 am

Thanks Barbara, it was a great day in lots of ways.

2. September 14, 2015 at 6:09 am

Beautiful work, Debbie. You’re a generous and kind human being.
    I wish you all the best with the recovery of the calf. I know you are missing your run!
    Have a lovely new week!

3. September 16, 2015 at 1:16 am

Sorry to hear about your injury Deb. How is the healing coming along? Hopefully you will be in fine form by the time the wedding comes along.

• September 16, 2015 at 7:21 am

That’s the plan Sue, I have to be in tip top shape for that! Luckily I can still walk, rude and go to the gym, I just can’t run for a while. Thanks!

• September 16, 2015 at 1:40 pm

Good to hear Deb that you are able to do a lot. Running can be hard on the body that’s for sure .take good care.