Sally D’s Mobile Photography Challenge: Black and White – sunroom

It’s time for Sally D’s Mobile Photography Challenge  and as it’s the third Monday of the month, the theme this week is Black and white.

Sunroom

My sun-room is an absolute delight at this time of the year – it’s sunny, light, warm, cosy, comfortable, functional and it’s my go-to place, my hideaway, my cocoon.

I have lots of lovely photos with clear blue skies, warm sunny views of green grass in the paddock (see here) – so to make it black and white seems sacrilegious in some ways.  Except that the result gives my sunny, light sun-room a certain moodiness that it doesn’t normally have.

I like it! What do you think?

One thought on “Sally D’s Mobile Photography Challenge: Black and White – sunroom

1. September 22, 2015 at 9:13 pm

I love it! Putting it in black and white gives it a totally different feel…

2. September 22, 2015 at 9:46 pm

Deb, it’s funny how in b&w is seems like it’s in snow – a very cold feel to it. Not at all a warm sun room. Amazing what colour can convey 🙂

• September 22, 2015 at 9:48 pm

Yes I agree, it does look cold. It really is the loveliest of rooms especially on a sunny spring day. In summer it’s just too hot!

3. September 22, 2015 at 9:55 pm

Yes, it works to add mystery to the image. It looks like a greenhouse whose sides are covered in moisture. So I was surprised that it is a stand-alone sunroom. The image works really well in monochrome, because the viewer can make up stories for what is happening inside. And outside we can decide on the weather and the season. Nicely done. Happy Photo Challenge.

• September 22, 2015 at 10:10 pm

Thank you for seeing something of what I was trying to show in my photo. You always find the right words and I thank you for that and for your encouragement.

4. September 22, 2015 at 10:08 pm

I think it is really cool looking and interesting, almost like fog in the sun room 🙂

• September 22, 2015 at 10:12 pm

Yes it does look like fog inside. I’m glad you like it too.

5. September 23, 2015 at 1:02 am

Really wonderful photo in black and white. The glass looks frosted, and I would love to see what’s inside. This would be a wonderful place to be on a rainy day.

• September 23, 2015 at 6:16 am

Yes it is a great place to be on a rainy day too but sunny days are my favourite. It does look frosted up which I think is just condensation. Thanks for your comments.

6. September 23, 2015 at 11:22 am

I think it looks a bit ominous in B&W.

janet

• September 23, 2015 at 4:57 pm

It really does look a bit ominous!

7. September 24, 2015 at 1:32 am

I like it, too. Best of all, I like the idea of a sun room, a cocoon you can slip into to wile away the hours, read, write, or snooze!!