Sally D’s Mobile Photography Challenge: Black and white cat

cat

I’m really not a cat person, despite having a cat in our family for many years.  We used to have two dogs and a rabbit as well but they have long since gone.  Luna the cat has outlived them all.

Our eldest daughter acquired ‘Luna Aphrodite’ as a tiny kitten and when she left for overseas a few years later,  Luna stayed behind with us.  She’s never been allowed into the house but she still tries to get in at every opportunity.  She’s getting old now and spends most of her days sleeping in a sunny spot.

This is a picture of her in just such a sunny spot, a chair on the verandah which gets the warm afternoon sunshine.  I took this photo just as she was waking up and the look she is giving me for disturbing her says it all!

Sally D’s Mobile Photography Challenge has Black and White as the theme for this week. I changed this photo into black and white on my phone but you can still see the sunshine over her body.  Doesn’t she look comfy?

I think you are either a cat person or you’re not!  Where do you stand on cats?

One thought on “Sally D’s Mobile Photography Challenge: Black and white cat

1. October 19, 2015 at 10:49 pm

Great picture of Luna in the sunlight! I am most certainly a cat person! I love my sweet cat that just turned 17! Of course, I love my dog too. But I love the smaller, softer, grace of my cat. I have had 5 cats and they have all been super affectionate! Like Luna, my cat knows all the sunny spots inside my house! Cats! Cats! Cats!

• October 19, 2015 at 10:55 pm

Thanks! I must admit to having s soft spot for her after all these years, especially when she stopped killing the birds. She’s too happy just to sleep in the sun now and is no longer interested in chasing them!

• October 20, 2015 at 6:48 am

Aww…sweet kitty. I’m glad the birds are out of her system!

• October 20, 2015 at 7:46 am

I’m glad too. She is a bit of a sweety! Thanks for visiting 😊

2. October 19, 2015 at 11:44 pm

Luna is the perfect subject for the challenge–the monochrome allows us to see the smallest of details on her coat. She definitely looks content. The sunlight will keep her young. Happy Photo Challenge.

• October 20, 2015 at 7:49 am

Thank you!! She is happy enough posing for me when the sun is out and she’s comfy. I too liked the way the light shows up her coat and whiskers. I’ll tell her she’s now a star – that should make her happy!

3. October 20, 2015 at 12:35 am

The light certainly comes through and she looks warm and cozy. On the issue of cats or dogs, I’m a dog person, especially having had allergies to cat dander most of my life (much worse when I was young.) However, I’m a horse person most of all. 🙂

janet

• October 20, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Thanks for your thoughts Janet. I’m not really sure if I’m even an animal person – I like various animals but prefer humans!

4. October 20, 2015 at 9:31 am

I’m a cat person all the way, although my hubby’s dog has wrapped me around his paw… It is quite a crowded bed in the winter with hubby, me, two cats and the dog. But the pretzel shapes are worth the cuddles!
    I love the black and white treatment you gave Luna’s photo. I also love the way her paws are at the bottom of the photo. Unusual and fun!

• October 20, 2015 at 6:19 pm

Thanks for your response to my post. I also thought it was unusual the way she was lying bit I’ve noticed she curls up like that quite often. Glad you liked it!

5. October 20, 2015 at 11:08 am

Luna is a beautiful model, especially in black and white. I love to look at pictures of cats…does that count?

• October 20, 2015 at 4:45 pm

Yes I think that counts! Thanks for your comment, Luna is a model!!

6. October 21, 2015 at 6:36 am

She is beautiful. Old pussy cats could tell us so much if we could understand them.

• October 21, 2015 at 7:50 am

Oh yes! She could tell a few stories. Thanks she likes being a star!

7. July 13, 2017 at 6:28 pm

If it is her time to go, I hope she has found a cosy warm spot somewhere under a bush or shelter. Never easy to lose a pet, no matter how old. Many memories and milestones attached to those feline creatures!

Liked by 2 people

8. July 14, 2017 at 1:38 am

Love that look on her face. But her name is even better. Luna Aphrodite, it just rolls off the tongue.

• July 15, 2017 at 7:00 pm

I know, we loved the name too. My teenage daughter (at the time) named her and although it was shortened to Luna, we often called her the full version as it sounds so glorious and as you say, it rolls off the tongue.