Sally D’s Mobile Photography Challenge: Travel by hot air balloon

Balloon

This hot air balloon created a great deal of excitement on a recent weekend away. I tried hard to capture the flame, with my iPhone, as the gas was being pumped into the balloon.  I am quite pleased to have caught it.

It’s the fourth Monday of the month which means it’s  Sally D’s Mobile Photography Challenge – and this week it’s Challenger’s Choice, for which I’ve chosen the topic of travel.

4th Monday Challenger’s Choice (Pick One: Abstraction, Animals, Architecture, Food Photography, Night Photography, Objects, Panorama, Portraiture, Still Life, Street Photography, and Travel).

I haven’t been up in a hot air balloon but think that I would like to experience it one day.  It says travel to me…

If you’ve been up in a balloon, would you recommend it?

One thought on “Sally D’s Mobile Photography Challenge: Travel by hot air balloon

1. October 27, 2015 at 9:56 pm

Personally I am terrified of heights so would not go, but my Hubby went on a work Xmas party (took my spot) and thoroughly enjoyed it

• November 2, 2015 at 6:53 am

I’m scared of heights too but am considering it!!

2. October 28, 2015 at 12:05 am

I know from experience what an adventure it is to hot air balloon. You are able to see the earth from a completely different vantage point. It’s magical. Nicely done on catching the heat source. Happy Photo Challenge.

3. October 29, 2015 at 3:57 am

I haven’t been on one and having issues with heights, I’m not sure it will ever happen. But your photo expresses some of the beauty.

janet

• November 2, 2015 at 6:50 am

Thanks Janet. I haven’t been on one either but I like to think I’d be able to do it, despite my fear of heights. One day I’ll give it a go 😬

4. November 1, 2015 at 1:11 am

Awesome capture. Looks like it could be fairly hot in the balloon!

• November 2, 2015 at 6:44 am

Yes I agree! You could feel the heat from a fair way away.