Mundane Monday Challenge – a sad, old house

Old house

I passed this sad, old house while out riding my bike the other day, cycled by, then turned around and went back to take a photo.  It really appealed to me some reason. It obviously isn’t loved anymore but it’s still standing (just).  The front paddock has just been cut for hay and so it was much more visible than ever before.

I decided it could be this week’s post for the Mundane Monday Challenge as hosted here by PhoTrablogger.  There are links to other Mundane Monday posts as well that you might find interesting. I know I do!

a challenge created to find beauty in almost everything. The challenge is simple : find beauty in everyday mundane things, capture the beauty and upload the photographs.

Someone once loved it I’m sure. I’d love to know its story.

Happy Mundane Monday to you.

One thought on “Mundane Monday Challenge – a sad, old house

1. December 7, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Lovely post. Yes someone once loved it no doubt, if only walls could talk!

• December 7, 2015 at 9:05 pm

Thank you – if only they could talk, I’m sure they’d have some stories to tell.

2. December 8, 2015 at 5:19 am

i like where you placed it in the frame. really cool

3. December 14, 2015 at 5:56 am

Nice picture. The monochrome gives it a dramatic look.

4. December 15, 2015 at 3:03 pm

Old houses always look like they have so many secrets. I love your composition of this one!

• December 15, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Many thanks for your kind comment! It was a case of doubling back to take this photo and I’m glad I did.