Mundane Monday Challenge – look down!

floor

I was in Melbourne on the weekend and while out shopping in the city we walked through some of the grand old arcades.  They are beautiful old buildings – well old by Australian standards anyway.

This particular one had Christmas trees, decorations and sparkly curtains hanging from the roof which took your eye upwards.

But on the floor was this fantastic black and white chess board tiling with shadows playing across it from the decorations above.

I decided to take a photo of the floor instead of trying to capture the sparkly things, which just weren’t working out for me.

So here is this week’s Mundane Monday Challenge as hosted by PhoTrablogger.  There are always interesting links to other Mundane Monday posts to have a look at.

a challenge created to find beauty in almost everything.

The challenge is simple : find beauty in everyday mundane things, capture the beauty and upload the photographs.

Hope your Mundane Monday has been kind to you.

One thought on “Mundane Monday Challenge – look down!

1. December 14, 2015 at 10:17 pm

Yes, it’s often the simple things that really catch our eye but often go undetected. A worthwhile challenge Deb.

• December 14, 2015 at 10:24 pm

Thanks Miriam, I think it’s a good challenge too. I started a daily posting a while ago with the aim of finding an adventure in the every day things we see and do but I couldn’t keep it up. I made it to 100 days so I was happy with that although I was hoping to do 365 days. It’s the simple, every day things that I find myself enamoured with more and more.

• December 14, 2015 at 10:30 pm

100 days is a great effort! Good on you. It’s such an amazing way to practice mindfulness

2. December 15, 2015 at 9:40 am

My Monday was pretty sleepy as it rained all day here. Not a bad way to spend a Monday actually.

• December 15, 2015 at 12:24 pm

Sounds a delightful way to spend a Monday Dawn!!

3. December 20, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Nice pattern and nice selection of angle. Lovely entry for MMC

• December 20, 2015 at 8:58 pm

Thanks very much! The patterns appealed to me too.

• December 20, 2015 at 9:21 pm

You’re welcome. It was a good one.

• December 20, 2015 at 9:26 pm

I’m going off line for the next little while so won’t get back to it until the new year. I will be back though!

• December 20, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Will be waiting for your next entry. Have a great celebration and a great year ahead. Happy Christmas too 🙂