Weekly photo challenge: Circle the moon

Over Christmas we had the benefit, and the beauty, of the full moon rising.  We had a great viewing point from the deck of our holiday house and all oohed and aahed as the moon came up over the water.  The cloud that drifted across added an extra layer of beauty.

These first two photos were taken by my daughter on Boxing Day night with a proper camera, as my iPhone just couldn’t do it justice.

All I could think of, as I saw the moon rising so full and round and bright, was that on the other side of the world where my eldest daughter lives, the sunshine and light shining down on her was what was lighting up our moon.

I felt very connected to her at that moment.
Full moon

This week, take “circle” as your inspiration – a broad theme that could be simple, fun and festive but also complex and introspective.

moon

My third photo (below) was taken with my iPhone on Christmas night while out on an evening stroll.  The sky was a gentle pink as the sun set and it is beautiful in its own way.

The moon is definitely a circle!

moon2

It’s good to be back from a blogging break!  Click here for other interpretations of this week’s theme of Circle.

Happy New Year!

PS. I checked later with my daughter in the UK and they had no sunshine or light at the time of our full moon – but she did appreciate the sentiment!

One thought on “Weekly photo challenge: Circle the moon

1. January 2, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Happy New Year, Deb. Enjoy peace and happiness in your world in 2016. xo

• January 2, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Thank you! I hope you enjoy the year ahead too in whatever manner you choose 🙂

2. January 2, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Lovely pics! I went outside to try and see it on Christmas Day but it was too cloudy…

• January 2, 2016 at 9:22 pm

Thanks! Yes, we were very lucky to have such clear skies to see it. It was amazing watching it rise – such a big yellow orb.

3. January 2, 2016 at 11:18 pm

Wonderfull capture moon,Happy New Year,
    Best regard from Belgium

4. January 3, 2016 at 6:43 am

They’re all lovely shots! Funny old world where we’re ‘upside down’ sometimes 🙂 Will you get to see her this year?

• January 3, 2016 at 8:23 am

It is certainly s funny old world Jo! We hope to get over that way towards the end of the year. In the meantime FaceTime works well 😊