Weekly photo challenge: The state of my mind

A picture which shows my State of Mind…as in all over the place!

image

What another great theme for this week’s photo challenge!

This week, let your inner world and the outside one converge in a photo.

As I left on a big jet plane after spending a lovely week with my daughter, I snapped this shot of the bright lights below us.

It not only shows the bright lights of Brisbane but it also describes my state of mind at the time – as in ‘all over the shop’.

There are some bright sparks of the synapses and lots of blank parts with nothing much going on!  My mind is often a glittery action-packed place as in the photo and at times it is also a bit dark.

I never like saying goodbye at the best of times, so every time I look at this photo I can feel the same emotions I was feeling when I took it. I agree wholeheartedly with the statement:  Every photo we take says something about our emotions at the moment of taking it.

So this week, share an image where you see a particularly strong connection between what we see and what you felt as you pressed that shutter button on your camera or phone.

I definitely see a connecion between the view through my phone, the emotions I felt as I took the photo and the state of my mind in general.

Does that make sense to you?

One thought on “Weekly photo challenge: The state of my mind

1. February 29, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Ah yes, I know exactly what you mean. I agree, I’ve always thought the view from a plane at night looked like blood vessels or nerves or something cool. Hopefully you are feeling more at peace now, I completely understand your emotional goodbye syndrome – I’m exactly the same! Xx

• February 29, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Thanks Desley – I love the perspective from up above and I’m glad I’m not alone seeing something more in all the lights below. This challenge theme was very timely for me and it was good to have the photo to put my feelings into words so to speak! Thanks, I’m all good now 🙂

2. February 29, 2016 at 9:26 pm

I like your description of your state of mind – I think it’s one we can all relate to 🙂

• February 29, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Thanks for that – I’m so glad someone else can relate to what I was getting at here!

3. February 29, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Loved your description and very fitting for the photo and the mood you were in. It made perfect sense to me. My mind is often “all over the place too”. Hope you’re feeling more settled now.

• February 29, 2016 at 9:43 pm

Thanks Miriam, I’m quite often all over the shop and I thought the photo said it very well. I’m glad you can also relate to it. I’m hanging in there 🙂

4. March 1, 2016 at 12:36 am

HI Deb, I like the Brissie from above, looks much better in a night light shot than from the ground ( in my humble opinion).
    You know, “all over the shop” allows us to be aware of many things at the same time, like synapses in the brain… not everyone thinks in logical sequences… .lol….
    It was a good challenge this one, I think…..:)

• March 1, 2016 at 6:34 am

Thanks for your thoughts Debbie. I agree that logical sequence thinking isn’t for everyone, well definitely not me anyway! The only problem with being all over the shop is that it can be quite draining!!
      I like Brisbane better at night too and from above gives it an air of mystery, it could be any city anywhere. It was a really good challenge which made me think a bit, which fitted in with my state of mind quite nicely 😊

5. March 1, 2016 at 6:30 am

That’s a great photo, Deb… it may be all over the place, but neatly so!

6. Anonymous
    March 1, 2016 at 9:46 am

Makes perfect sense!

7. March 1, 2016 at 9:52 am

Makes perfect sense to me!

8. March 2, 2016 at 2:06 am

Wow! Spectacular.
    I can relate to your picture, mine is similar in some way 😉

• March 2, 2016 at 5:45 pm

I think you have explained the turbulence in your mind much better than I managed to and I love your photo interpretation. Great minds…..

9. March 2, 2016 at 3:07 am

Those glittering lights !! Isn’t it so amazing from above ? !

• March 2, 2016 at 5:42 pm

It’s amazingly beautiful from above with all the city lights sparkling!!

10. March 2, 2016 at 6:35 pm

What a great aerial perspective! I am glad to have stumbled upon this since I got out of habit of doing. The challenge!

• March 2, 2016 at 6:44 pm

Thanks for stumbling by, I’m so glad you did! I liked the way the photo represented my mind – it seemed just right for this week’s photo challenge 🙂