Weekly photo challenge: A Red Centre landscape

The heart of our land…

imageimageimageimage

This week, it’s all about landscape photography….share a photo of a landscape: a wide establishing shot of a scene in nature or an urban setting.

Despite having travelled the world, I’m embarrassed to say that up until last year I had never been to the centre of Australia.  These are just a few of my favourite landscape shots from Uluru.  The sun on the rock gives it a variety of colours particularly at sunrise and sunset. It is really something that must be seen to be believed.

Uluru at sunrise

I wrote a few posts about our trip when I was doing my every day is an adventure series.  I used these and other photos to try to describe the beauty of this beautiful landscape but realise that no photo can ever do it justice!

Deb x

One thought on “Weekly photo challenge: A Red Centre landscape

1. April 2, 2016 at 2:36 pm

I think the second photo is my favorite!

• April 2, 2016 at 2:38 pm

Thanks! It’s hard to decide but it is a ‘must see’ place if at all possible. Thanks for the visit 😊

2. April 2, 2016 at 3:06 pm

I’ve never been there Deb so don’t feel too bad. Great shots!

• April 2, 2016 at 3:16 pm

You’ll get there one day I’m sure!! It took me well over 50 years to make it out there – such an amazing place. I couldn’t help but revisit these shots when I saw the theme of landscape. Thanks 🙂

3. April 2, 2016 at 4:15 pm

I can see that we’re going to have to go!!

4. April 2, 2016 at 4:39 pm

As far as red landscapes go, it doesn’t get more stunning than this. And I haven’t been either Deb, it’s next on the bucket list to go right up the centre to the Kimberleys. Beautiful photos.

• April 2, 2016 at 4:47 pm

It’s amazing!! I’m so glad we went out there last year, it was such a brilliant trip. You’ll enjoy a trip up there Miriam, we will go back to see more of the area one day. I’d love to see the Kimberley area too one day.

• April 2, 2016 at 4:55 pm

It sounds and looks so beautiful Deb. It’s somewhere I’ve wanted to go for a long time but of course it depends on lots of factors. Hopefully one day soon …

5. April 2, 2016 at 7:09 pm

I went in 1974 and was privileged to climb the rock. I think your photos are fantastic and give a good idea of the majesty of the rock and the red centre.

• April 2, 2016 at 7:37 pm

Thanks for your comment Irene. It is a truly magnificent place and can’t really be captured. I walked and cycled around the rock rather than climb it.

6. April 2, 2016 at 10:32 pm

I’m definitely going there! It’s a must see. Beautiful photos.

7. newmummyblogcom
    April 3, 2016 at 2:22 am

They’re all gorgeous pictures. I’d love to visit one day too, it’s one of the places on our bucket list. I love the last shot with the colours behind #wkendblogshard

• April 3, 2016 at 7:30 am

Thanks for coming along to the red centre with me via my blog!! I love that shot too.

8. April 3, 2016 at 9:53 am

Wonderful photos of a wonderful place. It amazes me that so many Aussies have never visited.

• April 3, 2016 at 10:02 am

I know it’s amazing isn’t it? Probably because it’s on their doorstep that they plan to get around to it one day. I’m glad I can say I’ve been there now and I will go back too as there are many other places worth seeing out there. Thanks for your comment Ruth.

9. April 3, 2016 at 1:22 pm

So, apparently it changes colors as the sun sets, I heard. And that is what I saw here! Well done!

• April 3, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Yes it does indeed!! It’s amazing to see it change. I’m glad you got to see it through my post. Thanks.

10. April 3, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Speccy shots Debbie, just beautiful. We were only talking about Uluru today and that we’d like to do the marathon there one day. Then I read a post about Uluru and the next post is yours about Uluru. Must be a sign.

• April 3, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Must be indeed!! We were out there last year just before the marathon. How amazing would it be?

11. April 3, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Amazed by your shots , they’re spectacular!

Would you mind joining me in the”7-day nature challenge”?
    You should post a different photo on the theme , for seven days consecutively , each time nominating a co-blogger to participate in this challenge….(Today , for me is being the 7th photo)
    If you have time, please accept !

• April 6, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Thanks for your encouraging comments. I’ve been nominated for this by another blogger as well so am going to try to do it. I’m not sure about nominating someone else every day though. Thanks again 🙂

12. April 9, 2016 at 7:36 am

Wonderful shots, Debbie! 🙂 Have a happy weekend!