Sweet orange Zinnias

Day 6 of the Seven Day Nature Challenge

Today’s photos for my Seven Days of Nature challenge are common old garden variety Zinnias.

Perfectly formed and perfectly orange.

It took me ages and many practise shots until I was happy with my final photos. Remember I’m only using my iphone!

Here’s a quick recap for you so far on how my seven day nature challenge is progressing:

Day 1/7 photo was a solitary image of a tree in the paddock

Day 2/7 photo was an early morning shot (probably one of my favourite photos)

Day 3/7 photo was early morning sunlight viewed through the trees.

Day 4/7 photo was yet another view of early morning sunshine and lots of trees

Day 5/7 photo was the cob of corn in the bush

I’m away from home at the moment so it’s great to find different bits of nature  here at my parents-in-law’s garden.

Thanks again to Desleyjane  and Una Vista di San Fermo for nominating me to post a nature photo each day for seven days. They are both very accomplished bloggers and take some amazing photos, so I appreciate their kind words about my blog and for asking me to join in.  Do yourself a favour and go and have a look at their blogs by clicking on the links, if you haven’t already.  Anyone is welcome to join this challenge – just post a nature photo each day for seven days!

Seven days of nature 6/7

Thanks for visiting.

One thought on “Sweet orange Zinnias

1. April 11, 2016 at 1:59 pm

Stunning photos!

• April 11, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Thanks so much Cindy, I thought they came out quite well! I love the bright orange ones the best although I took shots of the others too.

2. April 11, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Common old garden variety but such happy little flowers. I like the ant too. Close up makes you appreciate the structure and complexity of the stamens.
    Orange – topical word today – as an ex Whyalla resident feeling the pain up there today. Louise

• April 11, 2016 at 8:44 pm

I’m glad you noticed the ant! I also love the complexities of the stamens and the structure of the flowers. Glad you like them.
      I feel their pain up there too.

3. April 12, 2016 at 7:12 am

Beautiful Deb. What a perfect little formation as you said. Love this.

4. April 13, 2016 at 10:57 pm