Wordless Wednesday 11/5/16

Welcome to Wordless Wednesday

image

I don’t usually add words to these  Wordless Wednesday posts believing that the picture tells the story but today is a bit different.

The quote used with my photo is very fitting at the moment.

This article tells a story which affects me and my colleagues. I rarely, if ever, talk about my work in my blog  but this is important. I am trying to stay positive and I believe that smiling in the face of adversity is the first step.

I’m known for my ‘Debbie Smile and the act of being ‘smile ready’ whenever a camera is around, but I can assure you it’s not always as easy as it looks especially when the news isn’t good.

Debbie 🙂

One thought on “Wordless Wednesday 11/5/16

1. Eliza
    May 11, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Keep on smiling Mum! It doesn’t only make you feel better but the Debbie smile makes everyone around you feel happier!

Liked by 2 people

• May 11, 2016 at 3:29 pm

That’s so nice Eliza! I’m smiling now 😊

2. May 11, 2016 at 4:02 pm

I second what Eliza said Deb. Hang in there. There’ll be a silver lining. Might take a while to see it, but it’ll become clear.

3. May 11, 2016 at 4:25 pm

Don’t lose that gorgeous smile Deb. Challenging times ahead for sure but you’ll be okay. Things always work out somehow. Wishing you all the best. xo

4. May 11, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Deb this stuff makes me so cross. State and Federal governments should well realise how radical changes to the way training and education is delivered has made the mess the VET sector is in. And they don’t consider relationships and trust etc being an important of the teaching/learning journey especially in the prison system. You should all advocate against the decision. Can you get support and advocacy from local members and councillors ?
    Good luck from a “fellow teacher”.

• May 11, 2016 at 9:18 pm

We are trying hard don’t worry. You are right that there is so much more to it than just the teaching. Thanks for the support Louise.

5. May 11, 2016 at 9:14 pm

You have a lovely smile and after reading that article I can understand if you let it wobble a bit (hugs). Education is so important for reforming any life….sigh…. I don’t know what to say so abdicate a hug x

• May 11, 2016 at 9:22 pm

Thanks Annie! It’s hard at the moment but I’m hoping things will work out. Education is vital 😊

• May 11, 2016 at 9:58 pm

I can sort of imagine. The milk price has just fallen from thin air and we are wrestling with the great unknown (again). I can’t see how our world can afford not to educate those who need reforming…I see it in adult literacy all the time…hugs…hang in there x