Pure Sydney

Opera House

There’s no denying that Sydney is a beautiful city. It isn’t just about its location on the glorious harbour but also the history, the amazing engineering and the pure beauty of the city that captures the attention of locals and visitors alike.

Pure joy, pure genius, pure beauty!

There is much more to Sydney than these two icons but in my view they say it all. Pure Sydney!

This is my response to the weekly  photo challenge prompt of Pure.

“Pure” can convey wholesomeness, something undiluted, or simplicity.

Jen notes in her post how she loves finding beauty in the mundane, and purity in the midst of our chaotic, over-connected world.  She asks us to share a photo of something pure – a person, an object, or a moment.

One thought on “Pure Sydney

1. June 11, 2016 at 8:32 pm

would love to visit Sydney 🙂 PedroL

• June 11, 2016 at 8:34 pm

Hopefully one day you will get there, it’s well worth a visit.

2. June 11, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Great shots Deb. Are you still there, seeing VIVID?

• June 11, 2016 at 10:10 pm

No, we are in Canberra at the moment actually. Thanks, I like the the silhouette look!

• June 11, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Ah, must be cold in Canberra! I’m heading to Sydney next week but probably won’t get time for vivid.

3. Kim
    June 11, 2016 at 11:17 pm

I love visiting Sydney — would liked to have made it to Vivid this year (I went 2 years ago) but couldn’t swing it. These photos give 2 of the Sydney icons a different feel. Well done!

• June 12, 2016 at 8:15 am

Thanks! I agree they aren’t the usual postcard style photos but I like the silhouette look of early morning. Vivid is spectacular, I was there 2 years ago too. They steady create with what they can do.

4. June 12, 2016 at 5:56 am

Oh, yes! Excellent shots, Deb.

5. June 12, 2016 at 8:26 am

Loved these silhouettes!

• June 12, 2016 at 8:30 am

Thanks so much, I love them too! It was a lovely early morning walk when I took them and I’m glad to finally use them. Thanks for following my blog too, welcome aboard. 😊

• June 12, 2016 at 8:50 am

Thanks, I follow when I find things I like! 🙂 Thanks for following mine, too!

• June 12, 2016 at 9:07 am

I’m the same! Look forward to seeing what you come up with from time to time. 😊

6. June 12, 2016 at 9:04 am

I like the way you did the shots, too. 🙂

janet

• June 12, 2016 at 9:09 am

Thanks Janet, it was a bit of a long shot in some ways linking them with pure but it’s what came to me so I just went with it – hopefully others appreciate the different take on pure. Enjoy the rest of your weekend 😊

7. June 12, 2016 at 7:53 pm

Pure Sydney indeed!
    Not a long shot at all, those two buildings capture Sydney at a glance! it always interesting to see different interpretations of the WP photo challenge, and always great to see the Opera House and that bridge. Whilst i love Lignum Dracos shots of the Opera House so vividly spectuacular during Vivid – i really love these silhouettes. They have captured a completely different aspect of these iconic landmarks, starting the journey to tell a story that is something much more than tourism…. great interpretation of this weeks challenge, Deb 🙂

• June 12, 2016 at 8:04 pm

Thank you so much Debbie! Your comments make me so happy as I’m never sure if others will ‘get’ my takes on the themes. The two buildings are so ‘Sydney’, I’m really glad you like the silhouettes. As for mentioning my post in the same breath as Lignum’s work, well – I am speechless. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. ❤️

• June 12, 2016 at 8:09 pm

My pleasure Deb. Whilst everyone’s interpretations on photos are different, to me these silohettes of yours indicate the underbelly of Sydney – something we all know exists but is hidden by the glamour of tourist attractions. Sydney is an amazing city, but never one I want to stay in for more than say, three days at a time. Whether that was your intention, I don’t know, but thats what they speak of too me…. the juxtaposition of light and shade to ‘shed light’ on an ordinary subject. If those two ‘pure sydney’ landmarks could ever be called ordinary, that is. 🙂

• June 12, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Exactly, you summed it up perfectly! Thanks again 😊

8. June 13, 2016 at 9:42 pm

I agree with you Deb. Sydney is wonderful. And these photos of its two most iconic sights are absolutely gorgeous.

• June 13, 2016 at 9:49 pm

Thanks so much, I did enjoy taking these while out walking early one morning. Not the usual photos are they?