Openhearted

This is me being openhearted just for Hugh’s photo challenge.  This week the theme is open.

open hearted

I was visiting friends in Sweden a few years ago and this gorgeous heart structure was an unexpected find.  Apparently many people get married or renew their vows on the beach nearby – it really was a lovely thing to come across.

I also love this photo of an ‘orange door to nowhere’ which I have used before. It really is just a door hanging around…..in The Rocks, Sydney 🙂

Door to nowhere

hughs-weekly

Life is interesting isn’t it, as one door closes another door opens…..

Deb x

Debbie 🙂

One thought on “Openhearted

1. June 16, 2016 at 8:48 pm

Wonderful post Deb, love the photos.

• June 16, 2016 at 8:51 pm

Thanks Miriam, I like the theme of open it had so many possibilities. I just listened to the video on your post- lovely.

2. June 16, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Indeed, it is, Debbie. I use the door quote a lot. The orange door stands out so well against everything else in its location, and the open heart is very romantic.
    Thank you so much for participating.

3. June 16, 2016 at 11:40 pm

I “adopted” the door quote , because it teaches to be obtimistic (or ,at least, not too pessimistic)in facing everyday life!
    Love your post!

• June 17, 2016 at 6:32 am

In glad it resonated with you! I just love the door to nowhere and agree with you about the positive nature of that quote. Thanks 😊

4. June 17, 2016 at 3:17 pm

The heart looks a bit lonely without a couple standing in front of it. Patiently waiting for the lovebirds to arrive. 🙂

• June 17, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Yes it does look a bit lonely!! Hopefully it gets some lovebirds soon. It is a lovely spot.

5. June 19, 2016 at 9:33 pm

Deb, what a wonderful find. And equally is the photo of the door in Sydney.
    I love the final quote as well.

• June 19, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Thanks Lucile, it was a lovely find. I need to think positive at the moment and I do like that quote.

• June 19, 2016 at 11:41 pm

You’re welcome Debbie. I wish that whatever is challenging your contagious positive attitude, will pass fast. 😀

• June 20, 2016 at 6:55 am

I’m slowly coming good, thanks for your support Lucile

• June 27, 2016 at 12:46 am

Hi Debbie. Just dropping by to check how you’re going and to send you the best wishes for a new week. Hugs.
            Lucile

• June 27, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Thanks so much Lucile for your care and concern. I’m actually sick again now and am over the feeling of one good week, followed by a bad week…repeated. It will pass I know and before long the sun will be shining and all will be well with the world again. It seems like the world has gone mad lately and it’s hard to make sense of so much that is happening. All the best to you too xx

6. June 19, 2016 at 10:26 pm

Great photos! Especially that door. I love doors. There’s so many types of beautiful doors all around the world. And they all tell their own stories. I wonder what this one’s is. Why does it hang there, so lonely, going nowhere? 🙂 Thanks for following my blog.

• June 20, 2016 at 6:54 am

Thanks for your comment. It does make you wonder what the story is with this door doesn’t it? Looking forward to reading your posts!