The cherry on top was missing – Weekly Photo Challenge

Cherry on top? Unfortunately there were no cherries available.

Dessert for lunch

It was delicious!

This week’s photo challenge is all about finding a photo that shows the cherry on top, the icing on the cake, the detail that makes a good experience a truly transcendent one.

This week, share an image of a finishing touch from your own life, a photo of a detail that makes a good thing even better. Sometimes, the cherry on top is that extra little enhancement that makes a good thing better.

A weekend away in Melbourne, a planned meeting with a blogging friend for the first time, great markets to wander around and buy lovely things, followed by lunch out with members of my blogging tribe – Desley from Musings of a frequently flying scientist, my sister Sharon from Musings from the cold, her husband Tim from Timothy Moss and my non-blogging husband. It was great fun.

The icing on the cake for me was splurging and having a delicious chocolaty dessert for lunch.  When it arrived Desley kindly asked if they had a cherry for the top explaining that it was a ‘blogging thing’ but unfortunately the cupboard was bare of cherries. It was very yummy nonetheless as can be evidenced by my licked clean plate!

After lunch we farewelled Desley and decided to walk the nearly 4kms home.  I had just eaten a lot of chocolate so a walk wasn’t a bad idea! After a relaxing afternoon we went out to a delightful Greek restaurant for dinner. Food fabulous food! All in all it was a great day out with friends and family. Life doesn’t get much better than that.

I will be writing a separate post about meeting up with Desley as it deserves its very own story and photos. Stay tuned for that!!

One thought on “The cherry on top was missing – Weekly Photo Challenge

1. July 24, 2016 at 9:43 pm

Looks delicious. Great photo and great weekend by the sounds of it.

• July 25, 2016 at 6:38 am

It was fabulous Miriam. I also managed to run some of the 5km Run Melbourne the next day which was great.

2. July 24, 2016 at 9:47 pm

That looks delicious …..

3. July 25, 2016 at 1:05 am

Didnt miss the cherry at all!
    looks quite yummy 🙂

• July 25, 2016 at 6:39 am

No the cherry wasn’t really required at all. It was delicious enough!

4. July 25, 2016 at 1:27 am

What a fun day! Your dessert looks great even without the cherry, I’m sure you didn’t miss it at all except for the photograph 😀

• July 25, 2016 at 6:41 am

Exactly right! It really was missed for the photographic opportunity. Thanks for your visit!

5. July 25, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Goodness you are a bloggy family. That’s your sister, your daughter in the UK and yourself. I love the sauce signature. Glad you got to run some of the way Deb and that you had a good weekend while you were down. Actually I think your bloggy company were the virtual cherry on the top.

• July 25, 2016 at 9:32 pm

We certainly are a bloggy family and they were the cherry on top if I’m honest. It was a lovely weekend away thanks. I did enjoy the run too.

6. July 25, 2016 at 10:36 pm

Was that a serve for one or four? Clearly you enjoyed it, looking at your new gravatar image. 🙂 🙂 🙂

• July 26, 2016 at 6:43 am

I certainly did enjoy it!! Life’s too short to take yourself too seriously so I changed my gravatar image to reflect my fun side. Thanks for noticing!!

7. July 26, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Dessert looks delicious. What a perfect day, friends, family and chocolate. I look forward to hearing about your day with Desleyjane.

• July 26, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Yes that’s coming up next!! It was a great weekend all round and the dessert gave me energy for the Run Melbourne event the next day.

8. July 28, 2016 at 6:50 am

Again, how fabulous! That dessert looks even better here. And you’re a girl after my own heart, scraping up some sauce with your finger. Yum.

• July 28, 2016 at 6:57 am

I couldn’t resist! I’ve got my next post ready to go and it’s all about you!!

• July 28, 2016 at 6:59 am

Awesome! I haven’t had a chance to do any blogging since we met. Am at a schools conference this week and it’s been flat out. I’m looking forward to seeing it! And hoping to get in some blogging on the weekend.

• July 28, 2016 at 7:02 am

I gathered you’ve been busy! Hope it’s all going well at the conference. I’ll finish it off tonight so stay tuned.