Mirror, mirror on the wall – Weekly Photo Challenge

Mirror, mirror on the wall…

I knew this photo would come in handy one day!!  I was in the lift in a Sydney hotel recently after completing an early morning walk around the city. I looked up and this was what I saw – reflections stretching into infinity.  I love the light, the reflection and the thought of me being a never ending entity – I’m in my own Doctor Who world here.

in the lift

I love the stillness of the water in this photo below – it is one of my favourites. The reflection of the dead trees in the water is stark and mirror-esque.  The day I took it was nothing special but the photo ended up being extra special.

Sometimes that’s the way it is with life too, isn’t it?

Still water

This was a fun photo taken just before my daughter’s graduation ceremony.  The mirror in the apartment was huge and was just perfect for a family selfie shot,  My husband decided to be off to the side and, in reflection, this worked exceptionally well. My son in law can be seen having a quick glancing look at the photo on my daughter’s phone as she pressed the button.  I love the quirkiness of this one and it was a fun way to start our celebrations.

Mirror selfie

In this week’s photo challenge, Jen H asks for reflection shots….show us a mirror. You can take this photo challenge literally, and find reflections in mirrors, or in the stillness of a natural body of water.  I think I’ve followed instructions here to a tee with my photos this week 🙂

How about you, any good reflection shots to share?  There’s a whole lot of other bloggers sharing in the weekly photo challenge – I love visiting others to see how they’ve interpreted the prompt each week.

One thought on “Mirror, mirror on the wall – Weekly Photo Challenge

1. September 3, 2016 at 1:16 pm

All three are wonderful shots Deb, capturing the theme perfectly. Love the mirrored one seemingly going into infinity and the stillness of that water is almost surreal. And the last family reflection is gorgeous!

Liked by 2 people

• September 3, 2016 at 1:19 pm

Thanks so much Miriam – I had fun with it this week. I love the family one too – it was a great laugh at the time and I smile each time I see it. I almost used the one in the lift last week for the frame prompt but am so glad I didn’t!!
      Have a lovely weekend – we’re drowning in rain again at the moment, are you too?

• September 3, 2016 at 7:42 pm

No, we’ve actually had quite a nice day in Melbourne today. Hope the rain eases soon Deb so you can enjoy some outside time on Sunday. Cheers.

2. September 3, 2016 at 3:34 pm

The first two are truly incredible~

• September 3, 2016 at 3:41 pm

Thanks so much Cindy!! I’m glad you think so.

3. September 3, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Great shots.

• September 3, 2016 at 4:44 pm

Thank you. I had fun with this one.

4. September 3, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Deb, That top shot is doing my head in. I LOVE the middle shot it is like the sticks and their reflections make hieroglyphics. This challenge was My FIRST weekly or daily challenge I have managed to jump onto in time. Have had thoughts for lots but never the time. Just ran with this one. Louise

• September 3, 2016 at 5:07 pm

Thanks Louise. I enjoyed this one. Oh goodie – I’ll go and visit your post shortly.

5. September 3, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Dr Who Indeed! Deb, you are old enough to remember Get Smart. Remember in the opening credits when Maxwell Smart when through those series of neverending doors – that’s what the first shot reminds me of! 🙂

• September 3, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Good point Debbie, it is a bit Get Smart-ish! I like the futuristic feel to it for some reason.

6. September 3, 2016 at 9:38 pm

The first 2 photos are excellent for different reasons with the clarity of the water being my favourite and yes the last photo is a really fun photo

• September 3, 2016 at 10:15 pm

I’m so glad you like them too. Thanks for commenting, I love hearing from other bloggers.

7. September 4, 2016 at 7:46 am

These are great. I particularly love the first and last 🙂

• September 4, 2016 at 7:51 am

Thanks Su, I took the first on a whim so I’m pleased it worked out. The last one was pure fun.

8. September 4, 2016 at 12:20 pm

The photo of the tree stumps in the water is a stunning image.

Liked by 2 people

• September 4, 2016 at 12:24 pm

Thanks Ruth, it was such a lucky capture. I didn’t think it would turn out anywhere near as good since it was taken on my phone.

• September 4, 2016 at 12:31 pm

Debbie, some of my favourite photos are from my phone. I think perhaps it is because of the instant appeal and capture, rather than setting a camera to the correct setting to get the shot.

• September 4, 2016 at 12:35 pm

I agree with you Ruth. I only use my phone these days and am rarely disappointed.

9. September 4, 2016 at 4:10 pm

Great choices, Deb. I love the one in the lift!

• September 4, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Thanks Lucile, it was one of those instant choices – do I take the shot or not? So glad that I did. It really appealed to my warped senses.

• September 4, 2016 at 4:14 pm

You’re welcome, Deb. Great that you did it. It’s a fabulous shot. The family one is so beautiful too.
        All good down under?

10. September 5, 2016 at 7:28 am

Brilliant Deb. Love these. I remember the last two. The first one is so cool, I love finding nifty shots in hotels.

• September 5, 2016 at 7:30 am

Thanks Desley! I’m glad I’m not the only one who takes nifty shots in hotels. You ok?

• September 5, 2016 at 7:33 am

I’m ok thanks. My voice was gone for most of the weekend but it’s coming back now just in time for me to spend the whole day talking to clients again! I’m beginning to think I’m allergic to Brisbane! Hope all is well with you. X

11. September 6, 2016 at 4:37 am

Your first photo is wonderful. It reminds me of when I was a kid, sitting in the barber chair and looking at my reflections in the mirrors on each side of the shop. Thanks for the memory.
    Ω

• September 6, 2016 at 7:22 am

My pleasure Allan! I’m glad to give the memory an opportunity to resurface. I’m just happy I could use the photo for this purpose as it suited the theme so well. Thanks for the visit.

12. September 7, 2016 at 10:42 am

All 3 mirror photos are great choices for different reasons. It would be tough for me to pick a favourite … although the trees are a WOW.

• September 7, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Thanks! I have used the trees before and just love the stillness of the water. I’m so glad I got to use my in the lift photo, it was a real Dr Who moment for me at the time.