144

My sister likes to write stories from our childhood, this one just happens to involve me as an axe wielding big sister!
Enjoy – please note that I have apologised profusely over the years!

Musings from the cold

This is Debbie, my big sister. She doesn’t look much like an axe murderer (mostly because she isn’t) but she did come close a number of years ago.

She looks innocent enough now! She looks innocent enough now!

When I say ‘a number of years’ I’m talking about the late 1960s, so really, quite a long time ago now, when neither of us had yet reached the age of ten.

Our parents had bought a block of land on which to build a house. Dad decided that it would be quite fun to clear the block himself and so after work (for him, school for us) and on the weekends we’d head up to the block and he’d dig up trees and rocks and such like.

As Dad wielded an axe, Debbie, in a moment of father-emulation, took up the tomahawk.

Sharon, said she, hold that rock while I chop it. She knew how this worked…

View original post 276 more words

One thought on “144

1. September 17, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Thank you for sharing your sister’s story. My you are family of bloggers!

• September 18, 2016 at 2:36 pm

We are indeed a family of bloggers! My sister is much more talented than I will ever be though, both as a storyteller and photographer.

2. September 17, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Beautiful Post ❤ http://www.misskymmiee.com

3. September 18, 2016 at 7:55 pm

I can so relate to this. My younger brother was endlessly doing stuff that should have got him into trouble, but it was always my fault for “letting him.” Parents eh!

• September 18, 2016 at 7:58 pm

I know, who would have thought this would happen!! My sister obviously still feels hard done by 😊

• September 18, 2016 at 8:04 pm

I’ve got over most of the stuff between my brother and I, but I do still tend to go on about the time he broke my birthday present (on my birthday) and my mum told me off for letting him play with it (I hadn’t actually let him). I only have one child so I’ve never found myself in the same situation as a parent. I do wonder what goes through their minds though.

4. September 18, 2016 at 11:18 pm

Thanks for sharing her story. Great yarn and so visual. I could just picture it … ouch!

• September 19, 2016 at 6:04 pm

She loves telling this story! It is one of those that keeps getting told no matter how many years go by.