Magnetic poem #3 – Longing for summer

rain

I am just about over the coldest wettest winter in years and the seemingly constant spring showers.  I know this statement could be classed as blasphemous in some areas and I apologise for being so heartless.

But I’m longing for some real warmth, some bright sunshine, some lightness – so when I saw the collection of words for today’s poem, it almost wrote itself. The pleading tone sort of gives away my feelings a bit doesn’t it?

I’m really glad to have found this magnetic poetry Saturday challenge on the home of the elusive trope’s  Specks and Fragments blog, although I save it up for a Sunday activity.

I’m happy to share this post, Friday Magnetic musings, which is a roundup of all the brilliant poems created, so you too can see what everyone is coming up with from random magnetic words.

Enjoy!

One thought on “Magnetic poem #3 – Longing for summer

1. September 25, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Yes I think it’s the winter of your discontent – in more than the rain sense. If that makes sense. you’ve aced the poem again.

• September 25, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Thanks for your understanding Louise and insightful comment. We have had small periods of sunshine but nothing longer term and it gets to you after a while doesn’t it? I’m having fun using this magnetic poem as a creative outlet. I’m off for a walk now before it rains again!

2. September 25, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Excellent poem. I hear you, it’s so depressing when it just keeps raining. It even rained here in sunny Sydney today.

• September 25, 2016 at 7:23 pm

We are having a few bursts of sunshine but I’m ready for more. 🌞

3. Sheila Pittaway
    September 26, 2016 at 11:46 am

Come up and visit, the weather here is lovely, 25 degs yesterday, a little warmer today.

• September 26, 2016 at 4:38 pm

Oh how I wish!! We had some sunshine today but it’s still really cold and now overcast again.

4. September 26, 2016 at 4:17 pm

I hope you get your sunshine soon.

5. September 29, 2016 at 4:02 pm

Your magnetic poem sums it up perfectly. I’m over the cold and wet too … Roll on Summertime . 🌞

• September 29, 2016 at 4:04 pm

I’m hearing you Miriam!! It’s been another wet, wintry, windy, miserable day today. I sure hope it will clear up soon. The odd hours of sunshine have been few and far between lately.

• September 29, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Yep. Ditto here and topped off with a doozy of a cold makes me long for the sunshine.

• September 29, 2016 at 4:19 pm

That’s no good, hope the sunshine makes an appearance soon for you.

6. September 8, 2017 at 3:36 am

My son and I used to have the magnetic poetry squares on our fridge. I’d start a sentence and he’d finish it. Or I’d put up a poem and he’d change it. It was quite fun.

• September 10, 2017 at 8:05 am

Yes I can see how much fun they’d be. I must keep an eye out for them and do something similar.