Wordless Wednesday – demise of the bendy tree

Welcome to Wordless Wednesday

wood pile

On this very spot used to stand my favourite tree, ‘bendy tree’ which I would silently greet every time I went out for a walk.  Today on my walk this pile of newly harvested trees was in its place.  The thing is that my bendy tree was a gum tree, not a pine tree, but it must have been caught up in the harvest.

Here’s a picture of my bendy tree before its untimely demise.

curvy tree

I wrote this post about my bendy tree for  Wordless Wednesday back in June this year, so it’s quite fitting to feature it again in this week’s Wordless Wednesday! It has sadly been taken out of action.

Debbie

One thought on “Wordless Wednesday – demise of the bendy tree

1. September 28, 2016 at 9:21 pm

I had a moment of silence for your bendy tree and it’s sad, abrupt end.

• September 28, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Thanks Joanne, much appreciated! It was a lovely bendy tree too.

2. September 28, 2016 at 9:44 pm

That bendy tree really was bendy! I’m sorry to hear it that it’s no more. 😦

• September 28, 2016 at 10:41 pm

Yes it was a sad day! I’m glad I have a photo to look back on though.

3. September 29, 2016 at 3:59 pm

What a shame.

• September 29, 2016 at 4:05 pm

It is a shame! I used to greet the bendy tree with a smile and a hello every time I went by. Maybe i shouldn’t admit to that but it was such an interesting tree.

4. September 29, 2016 at 5:50 pm

Memories are so beautiful, they always stay with us if we want them, right Debbie?
    Such a beautiful tree, sad to know it is no more standing and spreading the joy that it gave out.

5. October 1, 2016 at 7:03 am

Trees become good friends, sorry to hear about bendy tree x

• October 1, 2016 at 7:06 am

Thanks Annie, it was a bit of a shock to see it gone. The whole forest is transformed since they stated harvesting and it’s not very safe for me to run there at the moment. But with all the rain lately it’s been hard to get outside to do anything!! Hope your knee is improving.

• October 1, 2016 at 7:36 am

Thanks Debbie, went to see a new physio yesterday and had more dry needling and ultra sound treatment. Hopefully this will do the trick.