A sad day

Today is Stephanie Scott’s 28th birthday and her mother asked us all to join the family by stopping for a cup of tea and a mint slice (her favourite biscuit) at 3pm today. My workplace stopped to honour and remember Stephanie, it was a sombre tea break to say the least.

I’m pleased to say that most shops sold out of mint slices today as people heeded a mother’s simple request. At the end of the day I was able to come home knowing my three daughters are all safe and happy living their lives to the fullest. I have a 28 year old planning her wedding and another daughter was married late last year so this hit me very hard. I can only wish her family and her fiancee peace and the strength to continue on.

Her body was found on the day of her wedding and her killer was convicted to a life sentence just days before her 28th birthday. How sad!

As I said in my original post ‘Rest in Peace Stephanie’.

Deb's World

Today should have been the happiest day of their lives but it was the saddest day of all.

You may have heard of this but just in case you haven’t…..

A young teacher went into her school last weekend to complete work for while she was to be away on her honeymoon. She was due to be married within days. She was never seen again by her fiancée, her family or her friends. A massive search was undertaken.

What is thought to be her remains were found today, the day she was to be married to her childhood sweetheart. It is alleged that she was murdered by a cleaner at the school.

As the mother of a bride to be, I can’t begin to imagine how her fiancée and her family are coping with this awful tragedy. With everything ready for the wedding and guests arriving, the sadness would be…

View original post 219 more words

One thought on “A sad day

1. October 14, 2016 at 7:35 pm

my condolences to all who grieve for stephanie and warm thoughts for the parents and may peace swell up inside – such a sad and horrid loss – and all the more on that special day – argh – makes me mad.

• October 14, 2016 at 7:39 pm

You are not alone in thinking that, it has been an awful time and so many have been affected. Thanks for your comment.

2. October 14, 2016 at 9:16 pm

So incredibly tragic and heartbreakingly sad. My thoughts and prayers are with those who loved and lost Stephanie. Cherish all you have Debbie, as I’m sure you do.

• October 15, 2016 at 8:01 am

I most certainly do cherish them all Miriam. It must be so heartbreaking for her family.

• October 15, 2016 at 8:11 am

I can’t even imagine going through that kind of hell.

3. October 14, 2016 at 11:10 pm

No words can adequately express how sad this story is.

4. October 15, 2016 at 5:55 am

I knew nothing about this tragedy…
    This hits me deeply , poor family!

• October 15, 2016 at 8:03 am

It probably didn’t make the news outside of Australia but it had rocked our country especially small towns similar to where it happened. It is an absolutely heartbreaking story. Thanks for your thoughts.

5. October 15, 2016 at 9:34 am

Yes this was and is tragic.