Sparkle and Shine – Weekly Photo Challenge

In every person there is a sun.  Just let them shine. Socrates

Shine is the prompt for this week’s photo challenge and Nancy Thanki asks us to share a photo with a sparkly shine.

Has the sunshine or any other light source caused you to stop because it’s highlighting something you didn’t notice before?

On a rare sunny day, during our long wet winter, I noticed these sparkly shiny drops holding on precariously to a leaf in the garden.  I tried to capture them using only my iPhone.  From some angles they were just your ordinary drops of water but when the sun caught them they transformed into amazing sparkly gems.  They were beautiful and still make me smile. I’m happy to share them with you too as long as you smile when you look at them.

Sparkle and shine

I’m finding I need some sparkle and shine at the moment and love this quote:

Eat glitter for breakfast and shine all day.

Enjoy your weekend and shine on!

About me

One thought on “Sparkle and Shine – Weekly Photo Challenge

1. October 22, 2016 at 6:18 pm

Beautiful shine you noticed. I can’t agree more that there is a shine in every person, so we might want to notice the shine everywhere.

• October 22, 2016 at 6:23 pm

So glad you agree! We all need some shine in the world. Thanks so much for dropping by 😊

2. October 22, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Fabulous pictures for this brilliant ‘subject’ – I just love the bling and you’ve made me smile and eat glitter this morning – what could be better! x

3. October 23, 2016 at 12:16 am

Beautiful shot.

4. October 23, 2016 at 6:17 am

Smiles, Deb! 😀 ;D ;D 😀
    Great shots – you can get some really good and interesting images from a mobile.

• October 23, 2016 at 7:11 am

Thanks for the smiles Tom! I think the mobile did ok with these ones. I appreciate you dropping by to help lift the shine and sparkle rate 😊

5. October 25, 2016 at 8:46 pm

Oh I love the quote Debbie, it’s beautiful, and I love your photos even more. They look like Jewell encrusted droplets. 😊

• October 25, 2016 at 8:47 pm

Thanks Miriam, I wasn’t sure if they’d be OK or not – so glad you like them and my quote!