Magnetic Poetry Saturday Challenge #7 – Garden

flowers

Over the weekend I was inspired to plant some bright colourful flowers in my sun-room/conservatory/hothouse/she-shed/glasshouse/orangery – call it what you will – and I marveled at the peace that one gets when digging, planting and creating something new.

When I started my poem for this week there were a few words that jumped out at me straightaway.  So here’s my latest poem for the Magnetic Poetry Saturday Challenge.  You can see what the others have created at the weekly wrap-up over at Specks and Fragments.

Peace and harmony through blossom

a tendril of vivid spring

murmurs sweetly like intuition

to grow a wild garden

full of beautiful happy flowers

is pure love for this world

This week I had fun using the Nature magnetic poetry kit due to my somewhat uncommon gardening activity. I try to use different poetry sets each week as it ramps up the challenge for me.  There are several sets to choose from: Nature, Poetry, Love, Original, Geek and Mustache.  I also impose a time limit on myself but that may only be because I’m a bit of a control freak!

I took some photos of my happy flowers to share with you.  Spring is slowly developing here but it definitely hasn’t been a typical spring – we definitely need some warm sunshine!

Here are links to my previous posts for the Magnetic Poetry Saturday Challenge.

#1 Nature

#2 The Waterfall

#3 Longing for summer

#4 Life

#5 Awesome

#6 Time

Have a great week – wising you peace and harmony!

One thought on “Magnetic Poetry Saturday Challenge #7 – Garden

1. October 23, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Amazing post ❤️️ Totally worth the read http://www.misskymmiee.com 💕 Enjoy your Sunday

2. October 23, 2016 at 9:11 pm

You have a she shed? Now I am jealous. Great poem Deb. That big red petalled flower looks like it could eat something. I am hoping it’s a macro shot? How big is it? Louise

• October 23, 2016 at 9:23 pm

It’s a macro shot, but I do like your description! It’s like a Herbert so not huge.
      Yes I have a polycarbonate glasshouse sunroom/cubbyhouse in the back yard and I love it especially in winter and spring. I grow flowers or veges depending on how I feel or I just sit and read out there. It’s warm and full of light and makes me very happy.

3. October 23, 2016 at 10:34 pm

You make this seem so easy, Deb. Well done!

• October 24, 2016 at 6:42 am

Thanks so much. It’s quite difficult at the t me. It somehow it comes together. I enjoy the challenge involved.

4. October 25, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Stunning flowers and I love your poem here Debbie. It’s totally appropriate (even if our spring season is slightly out of kilter). 🌿

• October 25, 2016 at 8:53 pm

I love springtime too so the sunshine has been welcome in lots of ways. I love the action of sitting down to write a poem each Sunday and finding inspiration all around me. I’m glad you like my poem too as your comments are always highly appreciated. Let’s hope it warms up soon 😊☀️️