Magnetic Poetry Saturday Challenge #8 – Language

Poem

Over the weekend I visited my sister who isn’t too well. She has a magnetic poetry set on her fridge so I wrote her a poem to cheer her up! When she gets home she will see my poem and hopefully it will make her smile.

My sister is an academic and loves words so I wrote her a poem about language. I must say it was weird using the little magnetic tiles instead of doing it on the computer.  I then took a photo of my creation and decided to use it for this week’s Magnetic Poetry Saturday Challenge. As usual I tried not to think too much and gave myself a time limit.

Your thing is language

raw chanting music

a luscious whisper

of wind & sky and beauty

thousands of pictures

beating together in time

You can see what the others have created at the weekly wrap-up over at Specks and Fragments.

Here are links to my previous posts for the Magnetic Poetry Saturday Challenge.

#1 Nature

#2 The Waterfall

#3 Longing for summer

#4 Life

#5 Awesome

#6 Time

#7 Garden

Have a great week – use your words wisely!

One thought on “Magnetic Poetry Saturday Challenge #8 – Language

1. October 30, 2016 at 9:55 pm

I think your sister will be delighted Deb. Hope her health improves soon. Louise

2. November 1, 2016 at 2:53 pm

That’s a wonderful gift.

• November 1, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Thank you for your comment. I was very happy with how it turned out.

3. November 4, 2016 at 6:19 pm

Really nicely put together Deb. Hopefully your sisters feeling better.

• November 4, 2016 at 6:39 pm

Thanks Miriam. I liked the way the poem came together to and she was very happy wit my efforts. She is slowly improving and is out of hospital and now recovering at home

4. November 5, 2016 at 8:48 am

I hope your sister is much better!

5. November 5, 2016 at 9:02 am

I think this is your best one yet Deb. It was lovely to wander into the kitchen and see it on the fridge – a little piece of you left behind. Come back anytime to write poetry on my fridge!!

• November 5, 2016 at 9:07 am

That’s lovely to hear. thanks for the kind invitation I will be back. I watched s move called ‘What if’ the other night and it started with a scene at a party where the two lead characters bonded over the magnetic poetry on the fridge door!! Made me think of your fridge and my poem.