Travel blog – New Zealand #2

Day 2: Queenstown, Crown Summit, Cardrona, Bradrona, Wanaka, Glendhu, Puzzleworld, Cromwell

The day started out a bit overcast with rain overnight, but it turned into a magnificent day of warm sunshine and blue skies.

I managed a brief morning walk and captured some fishermen preparing for their catch of the day.

Lake WakatipuLake Wakatipu looked a bit brooding again this morning.

Lake
Ros and Bob were waiting for me to return and gave me a wave from the balcony.

Our drive took us over the Crown summit of 1076mts with spectacular views everywhere we looked.

We stopped at the most photographed pub at Cardrona and enjoyed refreshments in the sunny beer garden. The fire was on inside and there was even an outside fire going but the sun was warm enough for us. The garden was delightful and we soaked up the old world atmosphere as well as the history of the old pub.

We dragged ourselves away only to find ‘Bradrona’ just a few metres down the road. This was a fence full of bras of all sizes, colours and styles. It is a fundraiser for Breast cancer NZ and great fun.

Next stop was Wanaka – what a gorgeous place! Lake with snow topped mountains as a backdrop, with blue sky and warm sunshine. We asked a sales assistant for  a recommendation for lunch and were thrilled with our selection at the Federal Diner. We would never have found it ourselves.

Glendhu lake was just up the road so we detoured to have a look – another stunning place.

Just out of Wanaka was Puzzleworld and if you know my husband then this was his idea of heaven. Puzzles, a maze, illusion rooms and another amazing toilet.

Our final destination was Cromwell a new town built when they flooded the old town to make the Clyde Dam. They moved some of the old buildings and created Old Cromwell precinct which was another delightful area. We visited the museum and chatted to some very helpful people as well as getting the bargain of the day.

A very enjoyable day in beautiful New Zealand.

I ❤️ being on holidays!

Deb

One thought on “Travel blog – New Zealand #2

1. November 9, 2016 at 5:40 pm

and we love hearing about it. Keep ’em coming. Louise

2. November 10, 2016 at 12:02 am

All your photos are so beautiful. I’ve long had a deep wish to visit NZ and you’re stoking that fire.

A tough choice to pick a favourite photo. It would be a toss-up between the 2nd photo with the low cloud hugging the left side of the mountains, to Wanaka with the boats in the sparkling water and the snowy mountains in the background. I feel like I could just step inside these photos!

• November 11, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Thanks Joanne, I love the scenery here and we’ve had glorious weather. I’ll try to keep the posts coming. I can’t decide which one is my favourite either there have been so many to choose from.

3. November 10, 2016 at 8:02 am

I love that you are on holiday, too. 😀 Because I get to travel with you (vicariously) through your blog. Keep those posts coming!

• November 11, 2016 at 1:53 pm

So glad to have you along. When I have enough time and wifi access I’ll be trying to keep it updated.

4. Anonymous
    November 10, 2016 at 9:27 am

Good pictures and story Deb, keep up the good work 🙂

• November 11, 2016 at 1:52 pm

Thanks! It’s hard getting enough time and wifi to keep it updated but I’ll do my best.