Travel blog – New Zealand #3

Day 3: Queenstown, gondola ride, sunshine, bike riding, wandering

Today was our last full day in Queenstown so we decided to do some of the local attractions before we move on. Grant chose to walk up the very steep slopes to Bob’s Peak while we caught the Skyline gondola – a much easier way of getting to the top!

This long white cloud caught our fancy on the way to town.

We watched the para gliders do their stuff walking off the edge of the mountain, the luge riders coast down the track and the mountain bikers head off into the forest for some serious fun. The bungy jumpers and zip-line riders were out in force too, it was a very busy place.

After taking in the views from up on top we headed into town for a Cuban lunch experience before looking for bikes for hire. We managed about 25kms around the Queenstown Trail on mountain bikes and had a blast!

Another very enjoyable day in beautiful New Zealand. Tomorrow we move on to start cycling our Otago Rail Trail section of the trip.

Our Queenstown adventure included wandering through the gardens, along the edge of the lake, sampling delicious ice cream,  browsing around the shops and eating out as well as cooking for ourselves in our fabulous Oak Shores apartment.
Have I mentioned that  I ❤️ being on holidays?

Deb

One thought on “Travel blog – New Zealand #3

1. Anonymous
    November 11, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Keep up the stories and pics Deb. I’m really enjoying them. 😊

• November 11, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Thanks, that’s great to hear. It’s a fantastic place and I’m really glad we’ve finally made it here. Having an awesome time.

2. November 11, 2016 at 7:39 pm

I WANT to go to New Zealand. And i need my trainer back full time to get me ready.

A present for you Deb because you are good girl. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mxmFCw-Dig

4 minute long YouTube and have a glass of something when you watch it with your husband and travel friends at the end of another beautiful New Zealand day while Queenstown is still fresh in your mind,,,,
    Louise x

3. November 11, 2016 at 9:38 pm

Such awesome scenery, thanks for sharing…enjoy!

• November 12, 2016 at 6:30 am

My pleasure! Today is a bit wet and cool so it will be a very different day of riding.

4. November 13, 2016 at 10:06 pm

I’m thoroughly enjoying your NZ travels. Have fun and thanks for taking us all along 🙂

5. November 14, 2016 at 10:12 pm

Debbie, hope you’re all ok and not impacted by the earthquake x

• November 15, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Thanks Ruth, we’re fine here but feel for everyone involved.

6. November 16, 2016 at 10:20 pm

Looks so beautiful. I’ve always wanted to go to New Zealand. Keep enjoying Deb. 😊