Anticipating anticipation – Weekly Photo Challenge

Is it possible to anticipate anticipation?  I like to think so.

With summer holidays upon us and family members from near and afar preparing to gather, I am anticipating the anticipation of us all being together again for the first time in over a year. I love spending time with my family 🙂  My three grown up girls make me laugh as they vie for attention and try to out-do each other as if they were 10 years old again.

I’m anticipating lots of laughter in the next week 🙂

These gorgeous flowers were given to me as a farewell gift during the week. It’s been a pretty awful week if I’m honest and these beauties managed to make me smile. The buds continue to open so the arrangement just keeps getting better!

LIly 3

I’m anticipating more buds opening.

Lily 1

Here are a few words I penned in honour of this week’s photo challenge Anticipation.

Anticipating a new world order

less conflict

happier days

more time to be

more running

less angst

more love.

I’m anticipating a better year ahead!

Lily 2

I’m anticipating much more time to blog next year and look forward to reading and visiting your blogs.

All the best to my readers and followers for the holiday season ahead – I sincerely value your support and friendship. I love interacting with those of you who visit, ‘like’ and leave comments on my posts.  Please know that it’s very much appreciated.

May your dreams come true and your anticipations live up to your expectations!

Deb xx

About me – I am now a lady of leisure as my job was made redundant after a career of 22 years teaching in a correctional centre.  I finished yesterday.  Very mixed emotions and although I knew it was coming it has still been very hard. I suppose I’m grieving in a way.  It will take me a while to come to terms with it all but I am anticipating a whole new world opening up.

One thought on “Anticipating anticipation – Weekly Photo Challenge

1. December 17, 2016 at 9:35 pm

What lovely flowers. I hope,you and your family enjoy a wonderful Christmas together. Keep on blogging!

• December 17, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Thank you! They are just beautiful and have brightened me up no end. We will enjoy being together and I wish you a lovely time too.

2. December 17, 2016 at 9:44 pm

Hi Deb. I’m so sorry for how you’re feeling after the redundancy. You know I believe as you do that it’s the wrong decision. It seems like you’ve had a “good” farewell with your colleagues, your flowers are beautiful. I love your words on anticipation for 2017. I share them with you, and I sincerely hope to come back to blogging. I’ve really missed this community. Merry Christmas to you and yours x.

• December 17, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Thanks so much for your comment Desley, it’s always lovely to hear from you. I’ve missed you around the blogoshpere, it seems you’ve been very busy as well as here there and everywhere! Hope you are feeling better after your virus and that your holiday break is relaxing and fun. All the best for Christmas. xx

• December 17, 2016 at 9:57 pm

Thanks Deb. Yes I’m getting better now. Such a lot of travel since September this year, almost every week. I am so looking forward to having a break up north with my family xox.

• December 17, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Good for you, a break with family is just what you need! I’m also looking forward to Christmas with my girls all in one spot. Relax and enjoy. xx

3. December 17, 2016 at 10:37 pm

Hope and optimism are powerful weapons as we look with anticipation to the new year. I too want to believe that 2017 will be a kinder year. Merry Christmas and best wishes!

4. December 18, 2016 at 6:16 am

I love those vibrant colours. I’ll be thinking of you as you tackle The next stage. Time with your daughters will cushion the initial blow and hopefully you can ease yourself into a new life in the new year. And I share your hopes for a better 2017 for the whole world. If only!

5. December 19, 2016 at 9:40 pm

I love the optimism in your post Deb even though I’m sure this must be a difficult time. All the very best to you and your family for a very happy Christmas and an exciting year ahead. I’ve enjoyed getting to know you this year. 🎄

• December 21, 2016 at 8:18 am

Thanks Miriam, it’s been great discovering you and your great blog. Look forward to it continuing. Enjoy your holidays and family time. I know you will be missing your mum so take it easy. Xx

• December 21, 2016 at 10:07 am

Yes I will Deb, you’re right but life goes on, doesn’t it? Thank you for your kind words. Have a lovely Christmas. xo

6. December 23, 2016 at 2:32 am

Deb – This abrupt change in your life must be hard but as I read more about you, I know you are up to the challenge. Here’s to a wonderful year full of new and exciting discoveries and challenges – a year of self discovery and growth, of more time for doing what you love to do.

• January 2, 2017 at 8:53 pm

Thanks for your insightful and thoughtful comment. I’m hoping the year ahead will be just as you say. All the best to you.

7. January 1, 2017 at 1:25 am

great info,great pics,love the flowers.😆

8. January 1, 2017 at 1:26 am

wishing you and your family all the best for the new year.😊