A whacky family photo

I love this photo so much that I just have to share it with you again!

Awkward portrait

Source: Awkward Portraits by Karin Locke

This photo was taken last year as part of my birthday celebrations (I’m the one in the middle of the front row).  We queued for over an hour to dress up and have this Awkward family portrait taken!  I just love it!  How crazy do we all look?

In the photo are my husband, my sister and brother-in-law, my daughter and her husband (my son-in-law).  They all agreed to participate in this to humour me, as I wanted it for my birthday present (it was my actual birthday!!).  It’s very hard to get away from Christmas things when your birthday is in mid-December, so sometimes it’s easier to just go with the flow. I still insist on birthday wrapping and no cheap Christmas postage is allowed.  Also I try to avoid having combined Christmas and birthday presents. They are separate days people!!

In Australia we don’t get snow at Christmas time (usually), we don’t wear funny/ugly jumpers and we definitely don’t usually look like this.  But it was so much fun and we still laugh every time we look at the photos.  Thanks to Awkward Portraits by Karin Locke at the pop-up store in Melbourne for the great idea and for letting us share our awkwardness with you all.

I’m taking a break from all things on-line over the holiday season so I’ll see you all in the  new year!

Happy holidays to you all – wherever you are and whatever you are are doing.

One thought on “A whacky family photo

1. December 18, 2016 at 5:24 pm

You dag. I love it.

• December 18, 2016 at 5:24 pm

I’ll take that as a compliment – thank you Louise!! I love it too 🙂

• December 18, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Yes it is. Oh and I have just noticed the skivvy! I’m guessing all the jumpers belonged to Karen Locke or else you have been collecting all those classic jumpers for such a “special occasion”. Happy Birthday Deb.

• December 18, 2016 at 5:33 pm

It was all there at the pop up store. We were dressed by them and posed to look this daggy. I don’t own a skivvies or an ugly jumper – just in case you were wondering! Thanks it was a fun birthday last year. Whereas this years birthday got caught up in the whole redundancy finishing work episode. Off on holidays tomorrow!

• December 18, 2016 at 5:49 pm

No I didn’t think you would own all these ugly jumpers. I think she ( Karen ) has captured a great idea. Have a great break. I finish Tuesday… yeah.

2. December 18, 2016 at 10:04 pm

Love this photo Deb it’s priceless. 😊 I’m with Louise, you’re a dag. One I can totally relate to!

• December 18, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Why thank you Miss Miriam! I’m glad you can relate, being silly is such.fun!

• December 18, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Oh it is. I’ve been doing a bit of that myself this weekend!

• December 18, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Looks like you had a fun weekend! Congrats.

• December 18, 2016 at 10:12 pm

Thanks so much Deb. The knife juggling scenario in the city today was a bit unexpected! 😁

3. December 18, 2016 at 11:31 pm

I remember this photo, Deb… such fun!
    Have a great Christmas and New Year!

4. December 24, 2016 at 7:13 am

Hi Deb, I know I’ve already commented on this post, but I’m currently whizzing through the blogs I follow with a quick ‘stamp’ message as my blogging has been terrible recently… 😀
    My visiting, replying, commenting and the like have fallen a little by the wayside of late, for which I apologise, but wanted to call by today and wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

• January 2, 2017 at 8:53 pm

Thanks Tom, all the best to you for the year ahead. I’m looking forward to a positive time and hope all goes well for you. Thanks again for stopping by and regularly leaving comments – it is much appreciated.