What’s in a name? – Weekly Photo Challenge

Let me introduce myself –  my name is Debbie or more formally Deborah.  Hello, I’m pleased to meet you 🙂

My daughters and other friends have called me Debs for quite some time now, so when I started blogging it seemed like a good idea to call my blog Deb’s World.

I received this personalised jar of Vegemite (an Australian delicacy) for Christmas and took the photo of the globe while out shopping just yesterday.  I made this photo collage last night, just for some fun, and shared it to my Instagram feed.  Did you notice I made sure the globe was positioned on Australia?  Get it – Deb’s World!!

As it includes my Name I’m happy to share it for this week’s photo challenge!  What serendipity 🙂

Debs World

Deb’s World

I have also been known as Wonder Woman Debs!

WonderWoman Debs

I once wrote a post about how I was named (here’s a link – The Power of Names) and it is with sadness that I acknowledge the recent passing of my namesake Debbie Reynolds.

What’s in a name?  Do you have a name story to share?

Deb xx

About me – updated!

One thought on “What’s in a name? – Weekly Photo Challenge

1. January 7, 2017 at 10:11 am

This is a really cute visual 🙂
    That was a cool Christmas gift!

• January 7, 2017 at 10:32 am

Yes my daughter is very clever at finding those sorts of special things. Very cool gift!

2. January 7, 2017 at 10:41 am

My name is 3rd generation – but it got sparser as it was passed down. Annabella. Annabel. Anabel.

• January 7, 2017 at 12:53 pm

That’s very interesting Anabel! It’s a lovely name. Thanks for your comment.

3. January 7, 2017 at 2:47 pm

Hehehe love it.

• January 7, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Thanks, it was a fun thing to do and very timely 😊 glad you appreciate it too

• January 7, 2017 at 2:54 pm

Oh and I like how vegemite is a delicacy 😉
        I can never find my name on anything so this is the best way I think!

• January 7, 2017 at 3:00 pm

Sarah had it made up for Christmas from Kmart I think! Very clever – a useful as well as personal gift. I wondered how many people would get the ‘delicacy’ comment!! 😋 yummy

4. January 7, 2017 at 5:59 pm

My next door neighbor was also named after Debbie Reynolds…I wonder how many of you there are? (:
    P.S Brilliant visuals!!

• January 11, 2017 at 9:04 am

Thanks so much, it was a fun take!

5. January 7, 2017 at 8:10 pm

love the Debs vegemite Debs! I get Debs from a few people too. What’s in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet….
    im partial to Debs’s and people who share my birthday! Sadly, we’re out of vegemite here!

• January 7, 2017 at 8:20 pm

Oh dear, no Vegemite! Lovely to hear from another Deb, we are very special.

6. January 7, 2017 at 10:52 pm

I was always happy to be Andrew as I associated it with Saint Andrew but not the effervescent liver salts!

7. January 8, 2017 at 6:04 pm

Love the personalised vegemite and the wonder woman. Very cute collage too 🙂 I’m named after the Queen of Greece who was a Princess of Denmark. Annie suits me better I think.

• January 11, 2017 at 9:06 am

Wow, royalty!! I think Annie suits you very well.

8. January 10, 2017 at 11:17 pm

Such a creative pic Deb, love it. 😊

• January 11, 2017 at 9:09 am

Thanks, it was fun. My mind works in mysterious ways at times.

9. January 11, 2017 at 2:14 am

Interesting story. As you know my name too is Deborah – Debby with a ‘y’ for short. Only a few people have ever called me ‘Debs’ and I consider it affectionate when I’m called that by those people.
    I write memoirs mostly and have talked about my namesake as it was told by me, but I suspect Debbie Reynold’s fame at the time may have inspired the name, even though that wasn’t mentioned. In my faith, we name after the dead. My grandmother’s name was Dorothy, I had 2 cousins already born and given the name, so it was decided I’d be a Deborah instead of a Dorothy. When my other cousin was born she became a Denise. 🙂

• January 11, 2017 at 9:16 am

That’s fascinating! Do the names have to start with the initial of the person or is that just a coincidence? D for Dorothy, Deborah Denise??

• January 11, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Yes, they should start with the initial if not using the same name. 🙂