Thursday Doors – 19 January 2017

The horse float door

Horse float

Horse float door – One Bucking Thing After Another

I spotted this door while out walking recently.  Our little town (Tumbarumba) is quite a horsey place and at the time there was a week long pony club camp happening with youngsters and horses everywhere.  It’s usually a stinking hot week and this year was no exception! The camp culminates in a parade down the main street led out by the local Tumbarumba Pipes and Drums band, with all the pony clubs represented following behind with their manes and banners flying.  It’s a great scene.

Parade

I know a horse float may not constitute as a ‘real door’ but the bit I’ve circled caught my eye and made me smile.  In case you can’t read it – ‘One Bucking thing after another’.

We’ve just had our annual New Year’s Day Rodeo, Pony Club camp and next up is the Tumbarumba Cup Race Day, so I think the horse float door is very fitting for this time of year.  I have a confession to make – I have lived here for many years and have never been to the rodeo and only go to the races every few years or so.  I don’t think I’m their target audience!

I also must admit I was glad none of my daughters were interested in horses when they were growing up!

It’s always lovely to join in with door lovers around the world for  Thursday Doors.

Thanks for visiting!

One thought on “Thursday Doors – 19 January 2017

1. January 19, 2017 at 2:31 pm

I love this take on the Door theme Deb. I read about the Tumbarumba Rodeo while in Thredbo and wondered why I hadn’t read a post by you on it. But there you go now I know why. 🙂 Louise

• January 19, 2017 at 7:15 pm

Thanks Louise, I’m glad you enjoyed this one, I was a bit hesitant about it 🙂 I will go to the rodeo one day…just so I can say I’ve been.

2. January 19, 2017 at 11:33 pm

counts as a good door to me… and thanks for the smile…
    One Bucking thing after another
    true that!

3. January 20, 2017 at 1:12 am

That door and its cute saying work perfectly, Deb. I’ve been to many, many rodeos and love horses, so I enjoyed this.

janet

• January 20, 2017 at 10:46 am

Great to hear Janet! I just loved the saying and had to share!

4. dconnollyislandgmailcom
    January 20, 2017 at 5:46 am

I too love your take on Thursdays’ Doors.
    And…I am incredibly jealous of your ‘stinking hot’ weather. It is cold and rainy here (sigh)!

• January 20, 2017 at 10:50 am

If it makes you feel any better it’s raining today but still warm and humid. I’m so glad you enjoyed my take this week on Thursday Doors – it made me chuckle too.

5. January 20, 2017 at 6:58 am

Your post is a great statement! Am not at all interested in horse races, but you made it interesting:) Your confessions made me smile:) My girls growing up in the city made horse back riding only something on vacations:)

• January 20, 2017 at 10:51 am

Thanks for leaving me a comment, I’m glad you enjoyed it regardless of both our lack of interest in horses!

• January 20, 2017 at 11:12 am

Smile – I do like to paint horses though – but that’s my limit:):)

6. January 20, 2017 at 9:37 am

I’m still grinning at “Tumbarumba”. In previous posts, I always assumed this was the name of an event … I didn’t realize it was the name of your town. Sorry, but I can NOT say it to myself without breaking into a grin. How can you keep a straight face when you say Tumbarumba? It just makes my mouth want to laugh 😀

• January 20, 2017 at 10:54 am

That’s fine Joanne – it’s a fantastic name of our little town and I’m glad it makes you smile. People always ask me how you spell it which amazes me – Tumba-Rumba just as it sounds. It’s an Aboriginal word meaning hollow sounding ground. When the kangaroos jumped over the ground here it made a toomba-roomba sound. It’s a great place to live as well as being a great name. Did you read my Tumba-bloody-rumba chasin kanga-bloody-roos post? That always makes me laugh! Thanks again and keep smiling 🙂

• January 20, 2017 at 12:47 pm

Thanks … now you’ve just escalated the Tumbarumba in my head to Tumba-Bloody-Rumba shootin’ kanga-bloody-roos!!

• January 20, 2017 at 2:23 pm

Go and say it out loud to a random stranger! Glad you’ve got it in your head now.

7. January 20, 2017 at 10:49 am

Cute one – I love it 🙂

• January 20, 2017 at 10:55 am

I’m so glad to hear Norm, I didn’t want to offend you or your door followers 🙂

8. January 20, 2017 at 8:09 pm

‘one bucking door…’ rofl! Love it.

9. January 22, 2017 at 3:30 pm

Nice post! LOL! In the U.S. the buck always stops somewhere (but I don’t think the current political setup will make it stop there) and it will end up like you guys downunder “One Bucking thing after another”!

• January 22, 2017 at 3:43 pm

Glad you like it, certainly seems to have universal appeal!