Far from the madding crowd

Being alone is very different to being lonely. In this fast-paced world we live in, it is important to take some quiet time. These photos, taken over a few days, say solitude to me! How about you?

Solitude show us what being alone means to you…If you’re finding yourself surrounded by too many people, or too many sensations, or too many obligations, take a quiet moment for yourself. Seek solitude, and reset.

Normally our holidays are taken in the high holiday season with people everywhere but now that we are retired we can travel whenever we want to. This particular week it was very different with quiet beaches, less traffic and slower paced days – just perfect for riding our bikes and taking in the sights.

Track

There’s a track winding back…solitude on a bicycle along a bush track.

Beach

Not a soul in sight! Solitude at the beach.

Sunrise

Sunrise over the water – the trees look as though they are cradling the sun as it rises out of the sea. A morning walk on my own is solitude at its best!

Enjoy the week ahead and try to fit in some solitude. It’s very relaxing and good for the soul.

How can you hear your soul if everyone is talking?

Mary Doria

Deb xx

Linking up for Min’s Zen Tip Tuesday #11

Solitude, blogging, weekly photo challenge, motivation,
Far from the madding crowd

About me

Visit Deb’s World’s Instagram for photo updates

You can also find Deb’s World here – stay in touch by clicking any of these buttons.

TwitterInstagramPinterestFacebook,  Flipboard and Mix

You can Contact me here

One thought on “Far from the madding crowd

1. February 4, 2017 at 4:30 pm

I love being able to go places without the crowds also. Lovely photos – wish I was in all of them.

2. February 5, 2017 at 12:13 am

Well penned… And pictures are amazing. 👍
    I hope you like my blog http://wp.me/p8g2rs-36

3. February 5, 2017 at 1:49 am

Nice!💕

4. February 5, 2017 at 8:40 am

Perfect quote and beautiful photos Deb.

5. February 5, 2017 at 8:32 pm

Stunning shots and I could not pick which one I loved most. That quote is perfect 🙂

• February 5, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Thank you very much for the comment and for visiting my world – I can’t decide which is my favourite either although the beach one is beautiful.

• February 6, 2017 at 12:35 am

Hey, Parul! Fancy bumping into you here – small (cyber) world! *grin*

Liked by 2 people

6. February 6, 2017 at 12:35 am

I could sit and stare at these pictures all day! Awesome captures, Debbie!

• February 6, 2017 at 7:55 am

Thanks very much!! I’m so glad you like them too. Hope they give your day some calm and peacefulness. 😊

7. February 6, 2017 at 3:14 am

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

8. February 6, 2017 at 7:08 am

Your photos sum solitude up perfectly, Deb. The beach looks gorgeous.

• February 6, 2017 at 7:59 am

Thanks Tom, the beach was gorgeous! It was a lovely few days exploring with some great photographic opportunities. Never let a chance go by!!

9. February 6, 2017 at 11:38 am

Ah, so beautiful Deb. I could feel the serenity.

10. April 9, 2017 at 5:58 am

Lovely pics I agree 100% the older I get the more I crave it 🖒😊

11. April 2, 2019 at 8:58 pm

I loved that solitude quote at the end – because I really didn’t start to appreciate alone time until I was older. I also liked the fact that you used “madding” correctly – drives me crazy when people say “maddening crowd”….grrr (another old person thing I guess!)

• April 2, 2019 at 9:02 pm

I’m so glad I got ‘madding’ right then Leanne! I loved these quotes too and am glad I got to reprise this post from quite a few years ago. I’m enjoying #ZTT for finding good posts to read and share my posts. Thanks so much for your visit 🙂

12. April 3, 2019 at 9:33 am

Gorgeous photos Deb and I felt relaxed just looking at them. I agree that solitude and being lonely are too totally different things. I love my solitude and crave it. I’m social with family and friends but I also enjoy my own company and having time on my own. It is great for my mental health. #ztt

• April 3, 2019 at 9:48 am

Thanks so much Sue, I love solitude too which has definitely changed as I’ve got older!

13. Min Write of the Middle
    April 3, 2019 at 11:41 am

Deb – what beautiful photos and I love your descriptions of them too! Solitude is very important to me. I’ve become far more introverted as I get older and need time alone to restore and re-energize. Sometimes I can get lonely though so they are indeed two very different things. Enjoy the rest of your week and thanks so much for linking up with #ZTT xo

• April 3, 2019 at 12:50 pm

Thanks so much for your kind words Min, I am enjoying finding and updating older posts to share. I liked the photos in this one too!

14. Losing the Plot
    April 3, 2019 at 10:50 pm

Lovely!

I would, as with many of your posts ‘like’ this but whether it’s my phone or connection, the button just won’t turn blue when I click. I’ve had this same prob on a few sites now.

Anyway, as an introvert – I love this 😁

• April 4, 2019 at 4:55 pm

Yes I sometimes get that happening too. Not sure if it’s a browser issue but I’m happy to hear you’ve been for a visit and liked my post!

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )