Share Your World – February 27 2017

It’s time again for Cee’s Share Your World Share Your World (SYW) is all about having a safe place for everyone to answer random questions that Cee posts each week.  Here is the basic format.

• Answer four questions each week.
  • Bonus Question is always the same “What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?”  Because we all need to be reminded that there are many things in our lives to be grateful about.

It’s a great way to join with other bloggers to share our worlds.  The idea is to answer without overthinking the questions and have some FUN. Feel free to join in by copying the questions and posting your answers.

This week’s questions are:

Ever ran out of gas (petrol to us) in your vehicle?

Nope!  Living a long way from major centres we have always made sure our vehicles have enough petrol to get us there should we have an emergency.  Thankfully we haven’t had an overnight emergency requiring a full tank of fuel –  but we are prepared!  It’s one thing my husband is adamant about, which reminds me, I need to get fuel today 🙂

Which are better: black or green olives?

I will admit here that I didn’t like olives of any colour until I turned about 35 and got all mature. I’m happiest with the black ones.

If you were a great explorer, what would you explore?

I would love to be able to explore as a time traveller (think Doctor Who and the Tardis and Back to the Future).  I would go back in time to the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries, I would go forward into the future and I would explore early Australia before European settlement.  I love history and I am very interested in exploring and adventuring.

Quotes List: At least three of your favorite quotes?

I LOVE quotes and have a Pinterest board where I collect them!  This pineapple quote is a recent favourite.

pineapple-quote

This one, although not really a quote, more like a mantra, helped me get my life back on track when I was made redundant last year:

mantra

This one is just for fun!

Optional Bonus question:  What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?

Last week – We just had our town’s annual weekend festival, TUMBAFEST, with music, markets, food stalls, wine tastings, cooking demos, amusement rides for the kids.  It was a great event and we celebrated its 20th anniversary which is  a real achievement for such a small place.  We had visitors for the weekend and we all had a ball.  I wrote this wrap-up post (which is is proving very popular in local circles) and you might be interested to read it. Tumbafest – Monday Musingstumbafest-sunday-this-is-how-you-do-it

The week ahead – After all the recent excitement it looks like a quieter week ahead for me. I’m aiming to get out for a few runs, swing in the hammock on warm summer afternoons, read my book, catch up on blogs and enjoy time with friends.  Retirement isn’t as hard as it’s made out to be 🙂

Thanks again for visiting my world.  Enjoy the week ahead everyone!

shareyourworld

One thought on “Share Your World – February 27 2017

1. February 28, 2017 at 9:58 am

shhhh – you’re supposed to tell people how CHALLENGING retirement is 😉

You’ve certainly dove in feet first. Glad to hear that retirement is agreeing with you 🙂

• February 28, 2017 at 10:00 am

I’m sorry Joanne – I just can’t help myself, I’m having way too much fun 🙂 How are things with you?

• February 28, 2017 at 10:08 am

Thanks for asking – I’m doing well. I like retirement and would not want to give it up!

• February 28, 2017 at 10:09 am

That’s great to hear 😊 I’m off for a walk in the forest now – because I can go for a walk at anytime during the day!!

2. Evangelina07
    February 28, 2017 at 10:22 am

Fun post to read. 🙃

• February 28, 2017 at 11:09 am

Many thanks for the comment! I enjoy these fun challenges. 😊

3. February 28, 2017 at 12:27 pm

Yes, I agree, this was a fun post to read. Enjoy the week ahead Deb. 🙂

4. mylifestorymyway
    February 28, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Enjoyed reading your answers🙂

5. Sunsen
    February 28, 2017 at 3:52 pm

Thanks Deb for this fun challenge .Its fun to read 😀.I just saw it today will post about this soon .

6. February 28, 2017 at 9:36 pm

Hi Deb Was interested to read where you would go back to in the Tardis.I think I would choose the 20s in Melbourne. Love the list quote with Read Books and Travel More. I would be tempted to change tea for wine but can see that tea is better for you. Louise

• February 28, 2017 at 10:21 pm

Haha! Yes wine would work just as well I’m sure 🙂 I would just love to time travel anywhere really – the 20s in Melbourne would be awesome to see. Thanks Louise, how’s the blog coming on?

• February 28, 2017 at 10:26 pm

The new one? or teh old one? The new one Lots of ideas for posts but can’t decide on a theme and now rethinking the name. The current one just looking at improvements have changed my mind about changing the theme. Think I just need to bite into the apple with the second blog. |What do you think?

• February 28, 2017 at 10:48 pm

Yes I agree with you about the new blog. It’s hard to decide on lots of things at first but if you just get it up and running, you’ll feel good and then work on the other issues. I’m sure you’ve got lots of ideas floating about!!

7. March 1, 2017 at 4:48 am

Loved your quotes. Thanks so much for sharing this week.

• March 1, 2017 at 7:36 am

My pleasure, it’s always fun to see others responses.

8. March 1, 2017 at 7:53 am

Fabulous. I was the same with olives but prefer the green ones now that I’m all mature 😉😉

• March 1, 2017 at 7:58 am

It’s funny I actually had some green ones last night and thought they were really tasty. Maybe I’m maturing even more! How are things with you?

• March 1, 2017 at 8:23 am

Things are good. But busy. Too many trips. I’m hoping that settles down soon. But it’s all good fun while it’s happening 😊

9. March 1, 2017 at 9:23 am

Time travel exploring would be the best! Great quotes! 🙂

• March 1, 2017 at 9:30 am

Thanks for your comment, I really wish I could time travel!! I do love quotes and these are some of my faves at the moment. Have fun 😊👋

10. March 1, 2017 at 3:18 pm

Love that quote! Where do you live that it’s nice enough to have open stalls? There’s snow here in Colorado!

• March 1, 2017 at 4:05 pm

I’m in Australia – we’ve just turned the corner into Autumn (fall) but its’s 28 degrees celcius today so we will still have hot summer weather for a while longer. Snow still??

11. March 1, 2017 at 6:18 pm

Cool quotes. I bought the kikki.k bag for my daughter as I too love the words and inspiration. You are certainly enjoying your retirement and keeping busy 🙂

• March 2, 2017 at 2:02 pm

Yes Ruth, all is going well and I am enjoying it all so much. Thanks for your comment, I love the quote and have the bag too. Great to hear from you 🙂