Romance is alive, just not here – #Writespiration

Writespiration – is a challenge courtesy of Sacha Black.  The challenge is to write something using the weekly theme in just 52 words…. EXACTLY 52 words, no more, no less.

This week Sacha has asked us to use the theme of Romance.

This week your challenge is to write the most romantic 52 words you can. Turn my black coal infested heart into mush. I need some love to keep me going under the pressure. Bonus points if anyone makes me weepy!

I have had some fun with this, although it’s probably against the rules.   I don’t think Sacha will be getting weepy from my words except maybe at my crappy taste in movies!

I did a search for the most popular romance movies and have listed only the ones I have seen and their number on the list.  There are exactly 52 words here so I have met the word limit but perhaps not the intended tone.  For that I am sorry but I am not the most romantic soul in the world and this was what  came to mind when I was out running this morning.  I blame the endorphins!

13. Titanic(1997)

20. Forrest Gump(1994)

22. The Notebook(2004)

24. Love Actually(2003)

27. The Light Between Oceans(2016)

31. Twilight 1 and 2

33. Les Misérables(2012)

34. The Great Gatsby(2013)

37. Pitch Perfect(2012)

41. A Knight’s Tale(2001)

49. Grease(1978)

64. Romeo + Juliet(1996)

So there you go 52 words all about Romance including numbers and dates!  Are you suitably impressed? FYI: My favourite movie from this list is Love Actually – I’ve probably lost all credibility by admitting that!

I will share a photo of my wedding day which was the most romantic day of my life and hopefully that will erase any pain I have caused by not taking this challenge too seriously!

wedding3

Love

writespiration-2017

I look forward to seeing how others have interpreted this one.

My About me  page is up to date and you can also follow Deb’s World on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook.

One thought on “Romance is alive, just not here – #Writespiration

1. March 19, 2017 at 4:57 pm

Lots of good romances there in your list of movies Debbie.

2. March 19, 2017 at 6:35 pm

I love the idea of this challenge Deb. So glad you found it! LOL to your list, I’ve seen all those except The Light Between Oceans but I desperately want to see it. I think my favourite movie on that list is Pitch Perfect. I wouldn’t call it terribly romantic though so probably Titanic tops my list from your list. 😂😂

• March 19, 2017 at 6:44 pm

Thanks Desley! I think Titanic would be my next fave. I saw The Light between Oceans and really enjoyed it, although I had already read the book. Have you seen Lion yet, it’s brilliant too!

• March 19, 2017 at 7:03 pm

No I haven’t seen that one either or read it yet. It looks amazing. I’ve seen a few interviews with Dev and Nicole and seems fabulous. I have the light between oceans book. Maybe I should read it next!

3. March 19, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Great list of m

4. March 19, 2017 at 10:51 pm

Great list of movies. Some of my faves too! Sweet wedding photo ❤

• March 22, 2017 at 5:39 pm

Thanks Jodi – glad you like my list of movies (I call it my cheat post!). The wedding shot is very sweet, I really don’t know where all the 37 years have gone!!

5. March 20, 2017 at 1:46 am

Not sure if this is the place to add my 52 words but thought I’d give it a try as I love a challenge : How wonderful is love in middle age, the comfort and knowing of another body, the trust and companionship between two souls long since merged.No need for explanations, a smile, a touch, a gesture speaks volumes. The realisation that time together is not infinite makes each day that little bit more special.

• March 22, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Great to read your 52 words, they’re brilliant and so true! Thanks for joining in 🙂

6. March 22, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Aw, definitely a romantic picture. For the record I loved Love Actually too! Lots of classic titles here. ❤️

• March 22, 2017 at 5:02 pm

I know, some of those movies are real classics. Glad to hear Love Actually is a favourite of yours too 🙂