Wordless Wednesday – 3 May 2017

It’s Wordless Wednesday!

Enjoy your Wednesday – wherever you are in the world.

The seasonal differences within our huge country never cease to amaze me.  Just a week ago I was up north in Brisbane in Qld where autumn was not evident at all.  It was a pleasant 25 degrees during the day and no autumnal colours were on show.

I returned home to our little town in the hills (at 700mt above sea level) to the gorgeous colours of autumn – yellows, reds, oranges and crisp temperatures needing the fire to be lit.

This week finds me on the south coast of NSW where it’s warmer than home but not as warm as up north.  There aren’t too many trees showing colour here but those still to change are weeks behind, given the warmer temps.

This photo shows a carpet of pink camelia flowers at my parents in law’s house, they make the most beautiful pink carpet don’t they?  The tree is full of the flowers and the petals continually drop gently to the ground.

I’d love to know where you are in the world this Wednesday – leave me a comment if you’d like to.

Debbie 🙂

PS. You can also find Deb’s World in these places:

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook

One thought on “Wordless Wednesday – 3 May 2017

1. May 3, 2017 at 10:36 am

Beautiful carpet. If only the petals would stay bright and pink, and not turn to brown slush. We have a magnolia tree in bud and while I’m really looking forward to the gorgeous white flowers, I’m not so crazy about squelching through the mush afterwards. Hope you’re having a great time visiting the in-laws.

• May 3, 2017 at 5:01 pm

Thanks Su, the pink flowers are gorgeous. I know what you mean about the squelchy mess, but I do love magnolias. We’ve had a lovely time visiting.

2. Donna
    May 3, 2017 at 11:52 am

I love the pink camellias, Debbie.
    I’m currently on Vancouver Island (British Columbia, Canada).
    Spring should be in full swing now, but it has been very slow to arrive this year (record breaking, actually).
    Today’s weather was 12 C, Precipitation 66%, Humidity 78%, Wind 14 km/h. (Yup, it’s raining right now)!
    Enjoy your Autumn. I am greatly looking forward to our summer arriving SOON!

• May 3, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Hello Donna!! I love your weather update 😊 today we drove to Canberra where the temperature got up to 17 C, with no precipitation. We went for a 20km bike ride today, it was great fun! Enjoy your spring and summer when it finally arrives. Thanks for joining me.

3. May 3, 2017 at 6:48 pm

Between you and Melanie, I have been inspired to find yet more lovely flowers 🙂 Yes, love the changing seasons. We have enjoyed travelling around Australia, and will do more in the coming years! Have a good night.

• May 3, 2017 at 7:51 pm

Nice to hear Suzanne! Melanie’s bluebells were lovely, as was your spring post 🙂

4. May 3, 2017 at 8:05 pm

Must be a big bush.

5. leannelc
    May 3, 2017 at 10:58 pm

What a really pretty carpet – we’re having a lovely sunny but cool transition into Autumn – very little rain in the last couple of months so our rainwater tank is running pretty low – we could do with a few decent deluges to wash the roof and then refill the tank. Still….to quote Game of Thrones “Winter is coming”
    Leanne | cresting the hill

• May 5, 2017 at 7:15 pm

It was a lovley sight Leanne and I’m making the most of these lovely autumn days too. Being on tank water is always risky isn’t it? When the girls were all at home we ran out one summer and had to buy water in. Luckily we haven’t had to do that very often but we are always aware of how much is in the tanks!! Winter is indeed coming 🙂

6. May 3, 2017 at 11:18 pm

a perfect reminder of the simple beauty in the world

7. Shirley Corder
    May 4, 2017 at 12:24 am

What a gorgeous carpet of pink! You guys are so fortunate to have Autumn. We really jump from summer to winter here in S.Africa, with a few false starts. Very cold couple of days then back to summer. Repeat X 2 then winter settles in. Safeguard Your Visitors’ Comments from Spam

• May 5, 2017 at 7:18 pm

Thanks Shirley, we are fortunate to have autumn here and I love it!! Love hearing about your experiences in South Africa 🙂

8. May 4, 2017 at 2:35 am

What beautiful flowers, Debbie. 🙂

9. May 4, 2017 at 5:09 am

Nature has so many wonderful things to show us.

10. May 4, 2017 at 6:49 am

Lovely pink carpet. I found a single camellia follower on the little bush that I potted on my balcony last year. You posted this 20 hours ago at which time I was home in Melbourne, taking Gidget for a walk through the streets of Brunswick and getting ready for an afternoon and evening out with my family 😊

• May 5, 2017 at 7:20 pm

Great to hear of your plans Desley! Thanks for joining in, although that pink colour is your colour! Hope it was a fun visit with your family. Hi to Gidget 🙂

11. May 4, 2017 at 9:32 pm

Beautiful petals!

• May 5, 2017 at 7:21 pm

They were so bright and pretty, I just had to share 🙂